Company: Carrie Rikon & Associates, LLC.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionBuyerJob Summary:Purchases a wide variety of
maintenance, repair, and operating supplies. Interviews and selects
vendors, negotiates purchases and expedites delivery of assigned
items. Assists other departments in obtaining proper
specifications, delivery, terms, and costs. Performs a variety of
cost related accounting tasks, and general accounting
reconciliations.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and buy various supplies, services, and materials,
given specifications, costs, and terms, collaborating with those
responsible for determining purchase requirements.
- Review of Purchase Requisitions for completeness, required
approvals, and compliance with Company policies and interests.
- Evaluate quotations and negotiates for lowest possible price,
acceptable quality standards, compliance with company policies.
Participate and collaborate in final procurement selection.
- Daily processing of Purchase Requisitions and Purchase
- Daily processing of manufacturing job costs. Analysis and
communication of job costs and job variances across departments as
necessary to aid in maximizing profit margin.
- Review and correct inventory transactions.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset records, costing, and
- Reconciliation of various General Ledger Accounts.
- Various month-end accounting duties.
- Prepare various reports as required.Competencies:
- Analytical skills necessary to: determine the best deal for
price, quality and service; understand the operation and
requirements of the purchase requisition; comprehend relationships
between job costs, inventory, purchasing and sales; identify
- Persistence to find and negotiate the best possible price or
- Communication skills that: furthers negotiation and successful
satisfaction of requisition requirements; effectively determines
actionable insight pertaining to cost variances across departments,
ensures that supply needs, quality and delivery requirements are
- Able to manage conflict in a constructive and professional
- Excellent math skills and clerical accuracy.
- High ethical standards to ensure all purchasing activities are
transacted in the best interest of the company.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced
- A high sense of urgency for meeting required production
- Intermediate level Excel and Word skills. Ability to learn and
use complex ERP systems.Education & Experience:
- Minimum: Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or other
relevant discipline; plus 5 years' experience in a purchasing or
cost accounting position in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other
business discipline. 3 years' experience in a purchasing or cost
accounting position in a manufacturing
environment.Environment:Professional office environment. This
position routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and carrying
of files is required. This would require the ability to lift up to
25 pounds, carry file boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand
as necessary. Occasional travel to local and regional
locations.Position is onsite.Salary 60K plus benefits.Powered by
Keywords: Carrie Rikon & Associates, LLC., Syracuse , Buyer, Other , Elmira, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!