HVAC Install Manager
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What you will do
Under general direction, manages the Branch delivery teams that
include the Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation teams.
Assists management in revenue forecasting, billings, collections
and resource planning. Assigns projects and ensures appropriate
engineering, commissioning and mechanical resources are assigned to
those projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state,
local, federal, and legal requirements and operates with the
highest of ethics. Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards.
Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and
subcontractor relationships in the community. This position will
cover Rochester, NY, Buffalo, NY, and Syracuse. This positon can
reside in any of the locations.
How you will do it
- Manages the overall execution and performance of assigned
Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation delivery teams.
Ensures Branch goals and objectives are met. Goals and objectives
are aligned with Senior Installation Manager's and from a priority
include SINC, cash flow, reducing equipment/project slippage,
backlog growth, SG&A, productivity improvements, succession
- Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports.
Evaluates employee performance and performs salary management.
Drives asset management including cost control, billings,
collections, and payables.
- Recruits Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Leads
Systems Specialists, Project Engineers, and Equipment System
Application Engineers with the appropriate skills and competencies
to meet the needs of the Branch.
- Ensures that the estimating and engineering standards are
- Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives
resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving
- Assists the Senior Installation Manager in preparation of
annual strategic and financial operating plan.
- Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and
subcontractor relationships in the community.
- Assists Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Sales,
Project Engineers, Lead Systems Specialists, and Equipment System
Application Engineers in the review and interpretation of contract
terms and conditions.
- Responsible for scheduling of installation projects and
equipment backlog, including scheduling of want dates and ship
- Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict
resolution and establishment project recovery plans.
- Promotes the securing of change orders.
- Ensures compliance with the Safety Program for employees and
- Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal
requirements and ensures that installation business is conducted
with the highest ethical standards.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical,
Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or
- Minimum of seven or more years of progressively more
responsible operations management experience in the Building
Construction Industry including five or more years of direct
project management experience.
- High-level competence in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel based upon geographical locations of assigned
- Experience with MS Project and MS Tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to negotiate and deal with conflict resolution
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please viewEEO is theLaw. If you are
an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation
during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Syracuse , HVAC Install Manager, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!