Inside Sales Representative - Personal & Commercial Insurance
Company: ONEGROUP Risk Management and Insurance
Posted on: January 16, 2022
WHO IS ONEGROUP?
OneGroup is a team of more than 200 insurance and risk management
professionals who are ONE company acting as ONE team, with ONE
focus and ONE mission: To serve each client as our ONE client.
OneGroup is one of the fastest growing independent insurance and
risk management organizations in the northeast. With team members
in 18 locations, OneGroup is able to provide best in class client
resources while maintaining an entrepreneurial, friendly and fun
environment. A subsidiary of Community Bank, NA (NYSE: CBU),
OneGroup is headquartered in Syracuse, NY.
OneGroup's company culture sets us apart from the rest. Our core
values, what we call "The OneGroup Way" consists of the
Knowledge Development - Professional growth but also understanding
the company, workflow processes and the right people to get the job
done. Adopting a growth mindset in everything we do.
Big Picture - How your individual contributions connect to the
bigger things around us that can make a difference to the client.
How do you utilize your talents and the attributes of those around
you to create a unique solution for the client.
Acknowledgement - Recognize others contributions, appreciate what
others do and their strengths.
Transparency - An environment that encourages open communication
Bigger Purpose - How do we become more than just an insurance
company to our clients? We seek to enhance our client's businesses,
support their mission and understand their challenges.
The Inside Sales Representative will work in a team environment to
sell new Personal Lines and Small Commercial coverages from a
variety of sources including but not limited to Bank referrals. The
goal is to respond in a timely fashion to procure the required
information, quote and present a quality product offering. The
ideal candidates will have a competitive nature with the ability to
close sales. This position pays a base salary plus bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in
all areas to provide clients with effective presentations of
- Ability to acquire detailed client information for submission
to underwriting, pricing, and presentations, and to seamlessly
transition new accounts to the client service team.
- Possess the ability to flourish in high demand situations.
- Understand and have command of the markets available for both
Personal and Small Commercial and work with OneGroup team to
effectively offer the necessary coverages.
- Respond to other leads within 24 hours. Proactively reach out
to clients as needed for additional information or clarification on
- Understand how and be able to sell consultatively and make
recommendations to prospects based on their needs.
- Ability to work with Producers who may send leads and prospects
for new business on the Small Commercial side and work
collaboratively to offer the right products and services.
- Skilled at using Data Management and Support Technology,
including Transact Now, PL Rater.
- Skilled at using digital document management system for clear
documentation of communications of all types with prospects,
clients, and carrier personnel.
- Familiarity with Carrier websites and Agency Management
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting
activities including sales discussions and/or changes based on
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics
code. Ensure all regulatory requirements are met and complies with
all internal policies and procedures
- Participate in continuing educations, self-education and
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required, College Degree
- NYS Property / Casualty Agents/Brokers license required
- Maintain NYS Property/Casualty Agents//Brokers License through
- Two or more years of Insurance Experience required
- Two or more years of experience in a sales role required
- Strong expertise and knowledge in policy coverage
- Customer Service Experience required
- Ability to use menu-driven software in addition to Word and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a "team"
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or
feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee
may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Derek Norcross
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: ONEGROUP Risk Management and Insurance, Syracuse , Inside Sales Representative - Personal & Commercial Insurance, Sales , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!