Shuttle Driver- CDL
Company: AmeriPride Services Inc
Posted on: May 18, 2019
AmeriPride Services is looking for a Shuttle Driver to join our
This position is responsible for overall safe and timely delivery
and return of product from remote location(s) to plant location.
Tasks and activities for this position vary, yet typically include:
loading of clean deliverable garments onto delivery truck, safe and
timely delivery of goods to set company location, off-loading of
goods, loading of goods at distant location, safe and timely
delivery of goods back to main plant. Operate over-the-road
transportation vehicle in a legal, safe and efficient manner.
Executes work in accordance with Company safety guidelines and in a
productive and efficient manner. This position is required to
follow Company policies and legal requirements, including among
other things; Statement of Business Ethics; equal opportunity;
confidentiality/non-disclosure; and harassment-free, respectful,
violence-free and drug-free workplace.
AmeriPride Services offers competitive compensation and benefit
packages. For more information, please visit www.AmeriPride.com.
AmeriPride Services, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the
uniform rental industry, has been delivering exceptional service to
all our customers since 1889. We have grown into a multi-national
organization operating 196 production facilities and service
centers throughout the United States and Canada. Over 200,000
customers experience AmeriPride every week.
AmeriPride Services Inc. is one of North America's elite providers
in branded identity apparel and facilities services programs.
AmeriPride develops customized uniform and facility services
programs for our customers that will enhance their employees'
image, provide brand identity apparel and products, and promote the
safety of their employees and clients through a full portfolio on
innovative products and services.
* Works on assigned delivery routes as scheduled in a safe and
* Attends meetings as required to engage in education and
participate in communication.
* Maintains clean, professional, and tidy personal grooming.
* Wears the Company-supplied uniform while completing job
* Consistently seeks improvement and excellence in job skills.
* Adheres to standard procedures in support of Company-wide
operational, financial, service, and safety goals.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Vehicle Operation
* Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, or
* Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair
status, following applicable state (provincial) and federal
* Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is
complete and accurate.
* Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
* Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders,
or covers as needed.
* Potential candidates for this job will be sought that have strong
indication of capability with the following items.
* CDL (U.S.) Class A or Class 1 (Canada) with air break endorsement
drives license or ability to earn one
* Proved record of work attendance
* Excellent driving record
* Capability of reading and understanding work instructions in
* Basic Math reasoning skills
* Lifting Ability; up to 100 pounds; Push/Pull Ability; up to 300
* Capability to work in a fast paced, loud work environment with
machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
* Two years industrial laundry experience (preferred)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in
its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: AmeriPride Services Inc, Syracuse , Shuttle Driver- CDL, Professions , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!