Maintenance Technician II
Company: JAQUITH INDUSTRIES INC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:Plan and perform mechanical, electrical and
millwright maintenance duties as necessary to maintain facility, or
to repair, move and install machinery. Senior maintenance position
requiring independent identification, troubleshooting and repair of
physical assets and infrastructure. Provide guidance and leadership
to entry level maintenance personnel.
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- 40 Hours PTO
- 40 Hours Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Matching
- Up to $700 reimbursement for dental and vision claims for
- Stop any unsafe act or practice.
- Give direction to any Maintenance Man or Maintenance Helper
that is assisting on a particular job.MAJOR DUTIES:
- Perform assignments involving electrical, carpentry, plumbing,
- Coordinate activities of Maintenance Person or Maintenance
Helper assigned to the same job. Assist Maintenance Supervisor in
- Work from project assignments or maintenance repair orders.
Work from general or detailed instructions or prescribed
- Adhere to established safety rules and policies.
- Keep Supervisor fully informed of any work-related problems.
Notify Supervisor or Safety Director of any unsafe act or practice
- Periodic retraining on applicable codes and standards, e.g.
- Conduct preventative maintenance routines, oil and lubricate
mechanical equipment, clean and replace filters, etc., and perform
- Report abnormal machine operating conditions as soon as
- Do carpentry work such as cut and rip wood to build partitions,
repair floors, roofs, platforms, pallets, etc.
- Layout, service and install electrical services such as switch
panels, fuse boxes, coils, limit switches, circuit boards, pumps,
transformers, air conditioners, hydraulic systems, CRT's, CNC
- Repair and/ or patch concrete floors, paint walls, etc.
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on overhead
- Move and install non-electrical aspects of machinery or
building equipment at ground level or overhead level that may
require use of blocks, rollers, overhead crane, lift trucks,
- Use welding equipment to weld, cut and braze to repair
equipment or projects.
- Some plumbing work such as cut and thread pipe and install air,
water or other types of piping transmissions, service sprinkler
- Troubleshoot and investigate operating problems, whether it is
mechanical, plumbing or other, ensure their proper operation and
- Read and interpret measuring devices.
- Follow quality control standards to ensure meeting quality and
- Maintain continuous movement of work, use hand truck, Lift
truck or overhead crane to move work to and from designated
storage, staging areas or workstation.
- Keep work area neat and clean daily.
- Lockout/ Tagout training.
- Landscaping and facilities maintenance as necessary ADDITIONAL
JOB FUNCTIONS:Other duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot and investigate operation problems, whether it is
mechanical, plumbing, or other malfunctions & diagnose & determine
solutions for problems.
- Powered platform & Fall protection & Training equipment.
- Be available for emergency call-ins at any time during
non-scheduled working hours.
- May be issued a key to the plant & be expected to be dependable
& trustworthy to safeguard the keeping of the
key.Requirements:PHYSICAL DEMANDS IN A TYPICAL 8-HOUR WORKDAY, 5
DAYS A WEEK:
Approximate: Stand- 7 hrs.Walk- 1/2 hrs. Drive Lift Truck-1/2
hrs.BREAKDOWN OF TASK PERFORMANCE:Frequent: Reaching,
Handling.Occasional: Kneeling, Grasping, Bending, Work on Ladders,
Fine manipulation, Stooping.Rare: Climbing, Balancing, Crouching,
Crawling, Overhead lifting.During the workday the employee has to
lift/Carry, Push/Pull this often:
- 1-10 lbs. - Frequently (4-6 hrs.)
- 11-20 lbs. - Occasional (1-3 hrs.)
- 21-50 lbs. - Rarely (0-lhr)
- 51-100 lbs. - Rarely (0-lhr)
- Over 100 lbs. - Never
- Degree of Work this position requires is Light to Medium Work
(lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting/carrying of objects
weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Exposure to: Seasonal weather in the plant and outside of plant
as workload necessitates.
- Must be respirator certified or capable of becoming
- Must be lift truck certified or capable of becoming
- Must be power platform certified or capable of becoming
Keywords: JAQUITH INDUSTRIES INC, Syracuse , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...