Posted on: March 19, 2023
Morningstar - Job Summary: Responsible for the maintenance
operations of the facility. Responsible for the performance of
repairs and maintenance of equipment, supplies, ordering and
requisitions of supplies and equipment as needed. Performs regular
monthly maintenance preventative checks, and work assignments.
Follows established safety rules and policies, procedures of the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
Representative Duties: (including but not limited to)
- Responsible person for maintaining the facility and
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local laws as they pertain
to the facility.
- On call for emergencies.
- Maintains the fire alarm system and emergency generator system
in good working order.
- Ensures monthly tests are completed on fire alarm and emergency
generator system are completed and accurate timely records are
- Works closely with consulting companies on their yearly or
biannual test of equipment.
- Keeps track of the stove hood extinguishing devices and
maintains record of completion.
- Plans and recommends to Maintenance Director equipment or
modifications needed to provide resident care.
- Maintains weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventative
- Participates in inservice programs directly related to Fire,
Disaster, Maintenance request, etc. for all staff
- Plans and coordinates with the Administrator, utilizing the
respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements
for staff, performance of work, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness
of funds expended from approved departmental budgets
- Responsible for annual budget implementation and follow
through. Works closely with facility Administration
- Ensures work areas are kept clean, neat and safe
- Garbage and trash pickup throughout the building.
- Maintains the building in good repair.
- Puts away supplies
- Collaborates with facility leaders in developing, implementing,
reviewing, revising and monitoring facilitywide performance
- Completes all maintenance work orders and documents
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality
- Knowledgeable of Life Safety Codes and State Operating &
Federal Regulations in regards to skilled facilities
- Maintains the facility free from hazards caused by electrical,
plumbing, heating and cooling system
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Leads by example
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized time
- Delivers Excellent Customer Service
- Attends annual review and department inservices, as
- Commits to quality outcomes
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, vision and goals of the
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Promotes the success of others and a positive work
- None Required.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic Plumbing, Electrical & Constructive knowledge
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing,
repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
without compromising resident care.
Keywords: Morningstar, Syracuse , Maintenance Worker, Professions , Oswego, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...