Sr. HVAC Technician
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: East Syracuse
Posted on: September 25, 2022
At --- and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go. Why Trane Technologies Is The Best Company for
Sr. HVAC Field Technicians
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, uniforms, and smart phone MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN ST.
LAWRENCE OR FRANKLIN COUNTY, NY Job Summary: This role is the
primary service and maintenance contact for Trane Technologies
customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base
including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education
Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning,
troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a
commercial environment. -In order to perform your task you will
utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting,
and mechanical layouts. This position affords you the opportunity
to work with internal and external partners ranging from new
facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Trane affords you
the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving
you access to technical support, training on newest technology and
comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming,
starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
examining, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Coordinates with team leader/project manager and customer to
precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and
repairs by forecasting issues, gathering materials and
synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety
of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Mentor team members. Display team effort and dedication to
customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as
the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, -or certificate of
completion from an accredited technical school is required.
- 10 plus years of experience in HVAC. Technical School or formal
training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI, - Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless
Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions
in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc.). Additional Requirements and
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders. -
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.
and frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. (may occasionally
lift and/or move more than 40 lbs. with special approval.)
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 375lb total weight
limit while wearing equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to maneuver access areas, as small as 30" vertical
x 45" horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15' to 20', and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on location We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Syracuse , Sr. HVAC Technician, Professions , East Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!