Production Supervisor - BTA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionProduction Supervisor - BTACryomech,
international leader in cryorefrigeration, has been a
Syracuse-based high-tech manufacturer since 1963. Learn more about
our exciting projects at Cryomech.com.As we settle into our
brand-new building, we are growing our team to add capacity and
meet the increased volume of customer orders.Position
SummaryAccomplishes department objectives by supervising staff;
organizing and monitoring work process and production in accordance
with the production schedule. As a working supervisor, this
position must be proficient in all duties and tasks on the Base
Tube Assembly (BTA) team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive
feedback and coaching.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand
their duties and delegated tasks.
- Achieve weekly, monthly and annual goals to lead company growth
- Requisition and maintain proper levels of consumables,
departmental supplies, and Kan Ban items.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and
undertake disciplinary actions if needed.
- Communicate interdepartmentally to establish best practices for
- Communicate needs to other supervisory staff.
- Assist and train staff to properly use Global Shop methods when
punching in and out of labor steps.
- Hiring and training of new employees.
- Proficient in duties and tasks of BTA Assemblers and BTA
Machinist (see respective job descriptions).
- Reports weekly department metrics to the Manufacturing
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Adheres to quality and safety standards as required by Cryomech
as it pertains to all equipment, supplies, products and
- Additional duties as assigned.Qualifications and Education
- High school diploma/GED; Associate degree or Two-year technical
school; or one to two years related experience and/or
- One to two years of supervisory experience highly preferred; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have prior knowledge or experience in manufacturing,
and/or related fields. Employee Benefits
- Cryomech offers a generous benefits package including health,
dental, vision, 401K, long and short-term disability, life,
employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), training, tuition
reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO).This role does not offer
sponsorship for work authorization.Cryomech is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New
York State or federally protected characteristic.You will receive a
confirmation email after you submit the first part of the
application. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Cryomech, Syracuse , Production Supervisor - BTA, Professions , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!