Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
About us National Grid is hiring a Data Analyst for our Electric
Division in NY. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to
homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need
us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the
lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is
accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an
unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our
industry. To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our
customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires
us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities
to grow, both ourselves and our business. Job Purpose The Analyst
in Distribution Planning & Asset Management will.
- Develop processes to support streamlined work.
- Support ongoing regulatory (PSC) reporting.
- Support departmental performance reporting.
- Create and enter Funding Project numbers PowerPlan for
- Monitor ongoing DG construction activities within DPAM NY,
identifying upcoming deliverables and working closely with our
Engineers to ensure timely delivery
- Support the DPAM involvement in the NG sanctioning
- Support clean-up of DPAM databases to streamline and provided
clarity and visibility to ongoing work. Key Accountabilities
- Support the development of and produce key performance
indicators that provide an overview of the business area for
relevant process owners, leadership.
- Support Business experts and process owners throughout the
business to inform and advise on the information and logic that can
be applied to transform data into business intelligence that can be
utilized to drive value within the business.
- Support and maintain a central framework to capture the basis
of all business area metrics at all stages of their lifecycle to
ensure there is clarity on the behaviors being driven, the outcomes
sort, information utilized and targets/tolerances appropriate.
- Support the development and production of the metric standards
and structures needed to support the Safety, Performance and
Functional governance groups to ensure consistency of approach and
- Support real time demand and supply forecasting processes to
maximize NG s Demand Incentive outcomes and support customer
- Monitor and supply business critical data to internal and
external parties within specific deadlines.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Experienced in providing good customer service.
- Experience written/verbal communication skills.
- Good time management and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Two- or four-year degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
in a related or technical field.
- Experience in data management is required.
- Experience in software authoring is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice, standards and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Adapts approach and considers what is important to the audience
and tailors message accordingly.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly
and non-defensively; communicates engineering customer expectations
to monitor delivery of engineering projects and satisfaction.
- Proactively makes changes to improve performance, efficiency
and effectiveness of processes; for example, challenge existing
engineering procedures and highlight areas for improvement.
- Possesses positive expectations for team members and expresses
regard for them.
- Is receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or
opinions based on new information or contrary evidence. More
Information This position has a career path which provides for
advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop
and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and
acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will
be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications
of this role and their individual experience. National Grid is an
equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent,
knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of
inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior
performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to
be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women,
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the
National Grid team.
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Syracuse , Data Analyst, Professions , Mallory, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!