Energy Electrical Systems Engineer
Company: The Raymond Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Energy Systems Electrical Engineer is responsible for the
design compliance and conformance of current and new products to
industry standards. The selected candidate will participate in the
design and implementation of both truck and electric power source
programs, but with a developed focus on the electric power source
program to complement the truck's requirements. The ideal candidate
will be able to understand and apply energy standards for
lead-acid, lithium, fuel cells, and other existing/emerging energy
technologies to support product development.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Understands electrical system design concepts. May be
responsible for the creation and development of electrical
schematics, as well as component qualification and selection for
- Provides requirements for software interface solutions and
customization between systems which may include battery management
systems, vehicle controllers, and charger communication.
- Verifies that system and software design meet
- Leads and coordinates testing resources (internal and external)
to document and validate compliance to required industry standards
for both new and existing products.
- Designs and develops various components and sub-systems in
support of electrical system product development. Development may
include electrical, software, and/or controls tasks.
- Understands and conveys standards requirements (including
Raymond standards) to applicable system designs and
- Works with standards and internal organizations to develop
optimized processes and systems.
- Resolves compliance design issues or difficulties in a manner
consistent with Company mission, values, and financial
- Provides support for new product development teams. Works with
cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or
Program Manager.PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#,
Python, Structured Text, or similar languages
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology -
CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Knowledge of software-hardware development processes and
practices for functional safety, including UL 1998
- Experience (or related experience) with North America
industrial, battery and charger standards such as B56.1 thru
B56.11, UL 583, UL 2580, UL 991, UL 1998, UL 1642, UL 1973, UL 2271
and UL 1564
- Experience (or related experience) with international battery
standards such as IEC 62619
- Knowledge of interface development with electric power systems
and the control parameters applicable for an industrial
- Direct customer-facing experienceStrong communication,
interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Must be
comfortable working in a team environment and be able to present
technical material to technically diverse audiences.
Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer
science, or a professional license with a minimum of 5 - 10 years
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Raymond Corporation, Syracuse , Energy Electrical Systems Engineer, Professions , Greene, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!