Asphalt Plant Laborer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Subsidiary: Barrett Industries
Founded in 1854, Barrett Industries is a construction industry
leader operating primarily in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Through our subsidiary companies, we serve everyone from small
contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction
holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including
quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage
terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions,
asphalt paving, pavement preservation, and infrastructure
Barrett's mission is to strengthen and grow by empowering our
people, fostering innovation, and utilizing new technology. Barrett
Industries is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, a worldwide leader
in infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our company
provides competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement
opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for
Asphalt Plant Laborer - (Groundman)
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
* Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for
safe working procedures and environment.
* Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project.
* Maintain grounds (grass weeds, fences, gate areas and rails/rail
* Operate and maintain various vehicles, machinery and other
equipment used at the site.
* Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
* Responsible for upkeep of tools and work area.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
* Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
* Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
* Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
* Report to work at the designated start time.
* Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Be able to work overtime when required.
* Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined
in the Employee Handbook.
* Must have valid driver's license and meet the qualifications of
the fleet safety program.
* Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations
and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
* Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
* Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Previous related experience in asphalt manufacturing, concrete
manufacturing or the construction field is preferred
Colas Inc.and its subsidaries (Including Barrett Industries) are an
Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this
commitment, please click here EEO document. If you need
accommodation to access the information provided on this website,
please contact Colas Inc. 973-290-9082 or send an email to
Nearest Major Market: Syracuse
Keywords: COLAS, Syracuse , Asphalt Plant Laborer, Professions , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!