Molecular Account Executive - Upstate New York
Company: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
Posted on: May 18, 2019
If you are interested in a Molecular Account Executive (MAE) sales
role and want to work remotely from the Upstate New York area,
please consider GenMark.
*This is a remote position covering the entire state of New York
excluding New York City and Long Island.
GenMark Diagnostics is a fast growing, company changing the
diagnostics landscape. We are continuing to build our Life Sciences
sales team and would ideally like to meet with account managers
with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or other related
industry experience. Our team is continually learning and working
on new and exciting projects around North America. We are looking
to add self-propelled colleagues to our team to continue to drive
GenMark's XT-8 and ePlex sample-to-answer system are designed to
support a broad range of molecular diagnostic tests with a compact,
easy-to-use workstation and self-contained, disposable test
cartridges. The recently FDA cleared ePlex System integrates the
entire diagnostic process to better realize the patient and
laboratory benefits of rapid, multiplex molecular diagnostics. The
ePlex system offers a number of unique solutions that were
thoughtfully engineered to address the biggest challenges facing
the clinical laboratory and to support hospital systems in
delivering patient centered care. The ePlex system is the only
solution in molecular diagnostics that was designed for the patient
and optimized for the lab.
It s an exciting time to be a part of GenMark and you can have an
GenMark Cultural Beliefs: Must embrace and exemplify GenMark s
* Think Big
* Own It
* Reach Out
* Work Smart
* Speak Up
* Build Trust
* Empower Customers
A career as a Molecular Account Executive is both challenging and
-You enjoy prospecting and you re able to open new doors.
-You can effectively qualify opportunities with key decision makers
to gain valuable intelligence.
-You can build and present compelling and customer-centric
proposals to close deals.
-You enjoy working in a team-selling environment.
The Molecular Account Executive (MAE) is directly responsible for
achieving territory sales goals by maintaining existing customer
relationships and creating new opportunities that result in the
sale of instruments and reagents.
Critical factors to success include:
* You like being challenged with actively selling to many different
* You are energized by developing value-based solutions for
* You can create rapport, credibility and build trust-based
* You are driven, disciplined and focused, and consider yourself as
a hunter of new business.
* Meet and exceed assigned instrument and consumable sales
goals/quotas on a quarterly and annual basis within territory.
* Use of interpersonal skills and a strategic approach to establish
and maintain relationships that result in customer acquisition,
satisfaction, and retention.
* Interface with other members of the sales, service, and marketing
teams to develop and execute customer strategies and tactics.
* Conduct necessary/business analysis and planning.
* Prepare reports, business plans, and expense reports in a timely
and accurate fashion.
* Communicate competitive and market information internally
throughout the organization.
* Participate in classroom based or on-line training classes to
keep up with the latest product development and regulatory
* Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues with a sense of
urgency and in a timely manner
* Attend state, regional and national trade shows as
MAE Background Requirements:
* Bachelor s degree, plus a minimum of 3+ years successfully
selling capital instrumentation and consumables into hospital and
regional reference labs; microbiology and molecular sales
* Proven track record of success, demonstrating high achievements
amongst peers; continuous growth of territory.
* Demonstrated proficiency in achieving annual quota targets and in
* Expert knowledge and application of strategic, as well as
tactical selling principles in a complex sales environment.
* Strong aptitude for scientific learning Proficiency with MS
Office and Salesforce.com or other CRM applications.
* Advanced communication skills, both verbally and written with the
ability to create impactful presentations.
* Negotiation, contracting and problem-solving skills.
* Proven relationship building skills with demonstrated experience
in new territory development and/or competitive acquisitions.
* Miller Heiman Sales Process or other similar strategic sales
methodologies highly desired.
* Extensive travel required.
GenMark Dx does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward
resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current
GenMark employee for review. GenMark Dx is not responsible for any
fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil
union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark
participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning
Keywords: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc., Syracuse , Molecular Account Executive - Upstate New York, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!