Company: ACR HEALTH
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Location: Syracuse – 627 W Genesee Street
Salary: $18.95 - $20.30 Hrly
Classification: Non Exempt – 35 hour work week
- Associate degree in health & human services or related field,
plus one year experience; OR 4 years' experience working in
non-profit social services providing direct services to diverse
populations (e.g., persons of color, LGBTQ+, People Who Use Drugs,
or individuals with behavioral health needs, etc.) OR an equivalent
combination of education/experience.
- A valid NYS driver's license and access to a reliable, insured
vehicle with the ability to travel required.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must;
Electronic Health Records systems experience preferred.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with entering accurate documentation and data in a
- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental, and
culturally sensitive services.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ+ issues and a
strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health
- COVID Vaccine Requirement
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all
job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and
HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable
regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality
procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV
Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide HIV, sexually transmitted disease (STD), and Hepatitis
C (HCV) screening to locate individuals previously undiagnosed
HIV/HCV/STD and link them to care.
- Provide linkage to acute care for presenting medical issues,
preventative services, and referrals for ongoing primary care,
specialty medical care, and behavioral health treatment services
for individuals with risk.
- Conduct enhanced outreach in the community, prioritizing
high-risk populations to promote and facilitate access to
HIV/STD/HCV counseling and testing services, individual and group
level HIV/STD/HCV education and risk reduction counseling, and
other HIV prevention interventions and supportive
- Work interdepartmentally to recruit Persons Living with
HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) for adherence counseling and other prevention
services to maximize viral suppression with an emphasis on
Undetectable=Untransmittable (U=U) awareness and stigma
- Facilitates access to PrEP/nPEP.
- Maintain an active caseload of 12-20 individual participants
for Linkage & Navigation and PrEP Navigation & adherence
- Provides individuals with Motivational Interviewing and
tailored risk assessment activities, as well as one on one
counseling, corresponding risk reduction plan, testing services,
and referrals for treatment, as well as PrEP.
- Implementation of designated interventions outlined in assigned
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with
ACR Health policy and procedure.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data as assigned by
the Director of Prevention, or designee.
- Complete accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s)
within agency and departmental guidelines.
- Attend community provider meetings, external trainings, and
other professional development activities that address the priority
population(s) issues and concerns and relevant skills.
- Assist with annual community and program needs assessment and
focus group activities.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with
community-based organizations. Represent the agency in a
professional manner during these interactions.
- Assist with the general work of the Prevention Department,
including special projects and general agency
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional
development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of
curriculum-based training annually, as per agency and contract
- Participate as a culturally sensitive member of the Prevention
Department and agency, including having the capacity to be
effective as an individual in the context of varying cultural
beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by clients, colleagues, and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Testing Manager,
Director of Prevention Services, Chief Program Officer and/or Chief
*All interventions must be delivered within the fidelity
requirements of the intervention, the standards outlined by
funders, and department/agency policy and procedures.
Keywords: ACR HEALTH, Syracuse , Navigation Specialist, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!