Company: Mohawk Valley
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Requisition Number: 68582
Position Title: External Description: Are you a NY Licensed
Cytotechnologist? Join our Team!!! -
- Required-Post High school degree
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Cytotechnology, or Life
- Successful completion of required proficiency tests.
- New York State Cytotechnologist license required.
- Cytotechnologist registration with NYSDOH Clinical Laboratory
Evaluation Program must be submitted within one week of employment
start date. (Separate forms must be submitted for each employer).
JOB DESCRIPTION: - Under the direction of the Laboratory Medical
Director. Prepares and studies specimens to detect evidence of
cancer or other pathologic conditions. Responsible for management
of Cytology. Works independently, organizing work to meet
- Evaluates adequacy of specimens for analysis.
- Prepares reports on all specimens examined. Maintains accurate
logs, files, and statistics.
- Performs and documents procedures for evaluation of reagents
and staining quality.
- Workload records are maintained daily and workload standards
set by regulatory agencies are not exceeded.
- Assesses the feasibility of results through correlation of data
with common physiological conditions.
- Records of recognized false-positive and false-negative cases
must be maintained.
- Cases with abnormal findings are tracked and follow-up
information, including subsequent biopsy results, are documented
and available for twenty years.
- Ensures that departmental procedures, operations and records
meet the requirements of the NYSDOH and ISO accreditation
- Works with Director of Lab Services to obtain supplies and
materials. Maintains established inventory, avoids emergency
ordering and shortage, minimizes waste.
- Participates in required proficiency programs and investigates
any problems. Documents corrective action when required. Job Type:
Full-time Salary range: $28.68 - $49.74 per hour Benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program - VACCINE REQUIREMENTS Effective
January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19
vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of
your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19
vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons. - Due
to the new New York Pay Transparency Law, the salary posted in the
ad is based on years of experience. This varies based on
experience, and any union/non-union positions may vary in this
range. - Mohawk Valley Health System - Utica, NY - A great place to
live and work. - Mohawk Valley Health System in Utica, New York, is
composed of Faxton-St. Luke's Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth
Medical Center (SEMC). Coming in 2023, the Wynn Hospital will
provide state-of-the-art care and a better experience for patients
and families that will further transform healthcare in the Mohawk
Valley. -"Mohawk Valley - A big experience in a local community." -
Known as "The Handshake City" to locals, people love living in
Utica for its nearby recreation and arts and culture. Our family
atmosphere will make you feel right at home. We encourage your
career goals through programs like tuition reimbursement and our
Aspiring Leaders program. Collaboration between teams and services
is a cornerstone of our approach to care. The best employees are
those who feel valued and supported, and that's why MVHS supports
work-life balance. The MVHS Medical Group has 21 primary care
locations, a Children's Health Center, a Women's Health Center,
general, orthopedic and neurological surgery centers, a Breast Care
Center, a Dental Health Center, and Urgent Care centers to serve
our community's healthcare needs. Many MVHS employees are eligible
for a variety of benefits and discounts above and beyond the
standard Health, Dental, and Vision coverage. These include tuition
reimbursement, community discounts, our Employee Assistance Fund,
employee pharmacy, and more. MVHS also offers employees
participation in its wellness program in which employees have the
opportunity to complete health screenings, wellness challenges, and
more for cash incentives! - City: Utica
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Cytotechnologist
Company Profile: EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Utica, New York US
Job Number: 43152
Keywords: Mohawk Valley, Syracuse , Cytotechnologist, Other , Homer, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...