Tool & Die Maker
Company: JAQUITH INDUSTRIES INC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:Plan and perform the appropriate sequence of bench
layout, machining and assembly operations necessary to repair and
construct a variety of tools, jigs, fixtures, dies and machine
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 40 Hours PTO
- 40 Hours Sick
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Matching
- Up to $700.00 reimbursement for dental and vision claims for
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and build dies, tools, and fixtures for use in
- Will work from blueprints, sketches, sample parts, etc. to plan
and layout work.
- Repair and construct tools, jigs, fixtures, dies and machine
replacement parts that require precision measuring.
- Set up and perform machining operations.
- Operate the heat treat furnace, case harden and/or forge
- Perform bench operations.
- Diagnose and correct improper performance of tools and assist
operators in their proper use.
- Operate grinder to grind and resharpen drills, taps, single
point turning tools, etc., and check for accuracy.
- Follow quality control standards to ensure meeting quality and
- Obtain first piece inspection approval and periodically
visually inspect and / or gauge work for quality appearance and
- Maintain continuous movement of work, use a hand truck, lift
truck or overhead crane to move work to and from designated
storage, staging areas or workstation.
- Notify Supervisor or Safety Director of any unsafe act or
practice stopped and adhere to all safety rules.
- Perform daily lift truck inspections.
- Meet quality and production standards.
- Keep work area neat and orderly on a daily basis.
- Keep Supervisor fully informed of any work-related
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3
years work experience.
- Possess and demonstrate positive mentoring and leadership
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Forklift certification required.
- Participate in training events (ie; Lockout/Tagout; HazCom; and
overhead crane training)
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Positive attitude towards work and work environment.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:This position has no direct reports.EQUIPMENT
LISTING (MACHINES, TOOLS & SOFTWARE):Will work with sheet metal,
plastic and aluminum, stainless steel, copper, orders, parts and
drawings, using a variety of tools, including shears, press brakes,
drill presses, hand truck, Lift Truck, overhead crane, disc
sanders, belt sanders, hand tools, micrometers and gages, and a
variety of power tools and hand tools.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND
DEMANDS:Light Work: Exerting up to 50+ pounds of force rarely
and/or up to 11-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of
force frequently to move objects and run machines.MENTAL AND VISUAL
DEMAND:Close mental and visual attention required to perform work
dealing primarily with creating and analyzing drawings and data,
performing technical work using a computer terminal and appropriate
software programs.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:Production
Environment:Manufacturing environment where the employee may
encounter directly or indirectly chemicals, chemical processes,
machinery, transport equipment and plastic working, handling and
melting environments.Safety Equipment:Must wear safety glasses with
side shields, safety shoes and other required PPE in accordance
with working tasks. PPE includes but is not limited to : gloves,
hearing protection, work clothes and apron.EMPLOYER'S DISCLAIMER:
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, the company
reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at
any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an at will employment relationship.
Keywords: JAQUITH INDUSTRIES INC, Syracuse , Tool & Die Maker, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...