Resident Care Aide
Company: Menorah Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job descriptionEstablished in 1912, the Jewish Home of CNY
evolved from a small rooming house in downtown Syracuse to become
the 36-acre campus in DeWitt known as Menorah Park. If you're
looking to be a part of a friendly team that delivers quality care
in a safe, quiet, neighborhood setting, Menorah Park might the
right place for you.MUST BE COVID VACCINATED!NEW RATE: UP TO $14.25
-General Summary:Under the general supervision of the Care
Supervisor or Case Manager, the Resident Care Aide is responsible
for supervision of residents, personal care, case management,
social programming and housekeeping tasks. The Resident Care Aide
is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the safety, welfare,
and comfort of each resident. S/he is in communication with the
Care Supervisor and Case Manager (verbal and/or written) of each
resident's general welfare with special attention to any particular
needs or issues.Education, Training, and Experience:The Resident
Care Aide shall be 18 years of age or older. They must demonstrate
evidence of good moral character, good judgment, compassion and
awareness of issues facing client population, calm demeanor, and be
willing/ able to follow directions. Clear, concise communication
skills including reading, writing, and speaking (English) are a
necessity. Organizational and time management skills are preferred.
Training in basic first aid is required and Medication Assistance
is desirable. Two years of experience working with adults or
children desired and training in care of dependent adults is
desirable.Physical Abilities:The Resident Care Aide must be able:
to lift 25 or more pounds; bend, reach, lift, and climb stairs
without risk of injury to self or others; use general household
cleaning chemicals, and have average or better sight, hearing, and
tactile senses.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain awake and alert for the entire working shift
- Attend first to resident safety above all other duties
- Report any problems, irregularities concerns, or questions to
the Care Supervisor and/ or Case Manager by way of written or
- Responsible for maintaining a clean safe environment for
- Follow The Inn at Menorah Park's Medical Emergencies Policy and
Procedures. Assist in any medically necessary transfers. Contact
Care Supervisor and/ or Case Manager regarding all emergency
- Follow The Inn at Menorah Park's Incident Reporting and
Mandated Reporting Requirements.
- Responsible to know general whereabouts of resident, performing
safety checks as directed by Resident Care Plan and reflected on
assignment sheet. Refer to sign in/out book. Encourage residents
and family members to sign in and out as they enter and exit The
- Follow all instructions provided in writing or verbally from
the Care Supervisor, Care Coordinator, Case Manager or
- Perform showers and personal care assistance (dressing,
grooming and set up assistance) as directed on the resident care
plan or provided in writing as reflected on task/ care sheet or
verbally from the Care Supervisor, Care Coordinator, Case Manager
- Assist with serving and oversee resident well-being during
- Assist and Supervise medications as directed for each resident
as directed by the Resident Care plan. Document and properly
complete medication in EMAR as directed through the EMAR and per
policy and procedure.
- Complete required documentation in a neat, organized, and
timely manner using only black or blue pen.
- Complete all documentation per policy and procedure during your
shift. Enter any visible change of status or irregularities on your
assignment sheets. Communicate every illness, accident, incident
and resident transfer to the Care Supervisor, Case Manager or
- Walk rounds with incoming shift and make report (written and/or
verbal) referring to assignment sheets to update as to resident
- Complete daily neat and tidy's according to the schedule on
task/ care sheets.
- Consistently demonstrate respect and compassion for all
residents. Respecting resident privacy and their personal
- Conduct and supervise any evacuation or implementation of the
disaster or emergency plan per policy and procedure.
- Assist with obtaining weights for residents as directed by the
Care Supervisor, Care Coordinator, or Case Manager and document
- Assist with prompting, reminding and escorting residents as
directed in the Resident Care plan as reflected on task/ care sheet
to any activities and meals.
- Assist Activities Director with activities and programming
whether the Activities Director is present or not as reflected on
task/ care sheet. Including Resident Council meetings.
- Assist Residents as needed to completed and submit any
grievances and recommendations. Boxes to collect these are located
across from the second and third floor elevators.
- Attend in-service training programs and staff meetings as
scheduled. Sign in to each in-service with your name and confirm
you telephone contact information.
- Listen for, and answer "call bells" promptly. Assist any
resident as needed in accordance to their Resident Care plan as
reflected on task/ care sheet.
- Assist to distribute all resident mail and correspondence as
needed. Contact Activities Director or Case Manager if resident
needs assistance reading or interpreting mail.
- Clean up any messes in (public and private) showers, bathrooms,
and resident areas and/or report to appropriate department.
- Welcome every new resident to The Inn, introduce yourself and
let the resident and their families now that you are available to
- Familiarize yourself with The Inn at Menorah Park's list of
- Learn Menorah Park's alert codes and appropriate responses.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Job Type: Two Positions
available: 22.5 -hours a week, overnights 11p-7a and 3p-11p.
Keywords: Menorah Park, Syracuse , Resident Care Aide, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!