Spiritual Care Coordinator - Per Diem
Company: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:The Spiritual Care Coordinator's primary
responsibility is to meet the patient's and the family's spiritual
needs, either directly or through coordinating the activities of
others. The Spiritual Care Coordinator is an important member of
the Interdisciplinary Team (IDG) and reports to the Manager of
Psychosocial Services.This is a per diem position covering Cortland
County. Per Diem positions are not benefit-eligible. Direct
Services to Patients and Their Families: Time: 80%
- Conducts spiritual care assessment of patients' and families'
- Provides confidential counseling to patients and family members
to assist them with their spiritual conflicts and concerns.
- At the patient's or the family's request provides direct
- At family's request: assists with funeral arrangements;
performs pastoral acts such as holy communion, baptism, etc.; and
provides religious services for families lacking affiliation with a
- Consults with bereavement coordinator and assists in
bereavement services as appropriate and as time allows.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team that prepares
and reviews the patients' care plans.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records and makes entries in a
- Provides all spiritual care services required by applicable
laws and regulations.Coordinative Services: Time: 20%
- Coordinates the involvement of pastoral care-givers for
Hospicare patients and their families.
- Provides professional consultation on hospice and palliative
care concerns to pastoral and other professional care givers.
- Actively develops and maintains professional relationships with
local clergy and faith communities to advance the knowledge and
availability of hospice care.Requirements:Requirements of a
Spiritual Care Coordinator:
- Has knowledge of and is comfortable dealing with the emotional
effects of death, grief and loss.
- Is comfortable reaching out to people in distress.
- Is open, flexible and ecumenical in ministry.
- Is able to work with diverse groups of people with divergent
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skill.
- Has knowledge of and is comfortable dealing with diverse
- Has a degree from an accredited seminary or school of
- Holds a current driver's license, maintains own insurance and
is able to provide own transportation.
- Is endorsed by his or her denomination or faith tradition for
hospice spiritual care. (desirable)
- Has one year of counseling experience.
Keywords: Hospicare & Palliative Care Services, Syracuse , Spiritual Care Coordinator - Per Diem, Other , Cortland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!