Claims Specialist Trainee
Company: MLMIC Insurance Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*MLMIC Insurance Company* is based in New York state and has
specialized in providing professional liability for NY physicians
since 1975. After operating independently and as a mutual insurance
company for most of its existence, MLMIC was purchased by Berkshire
Hathaway in the fall of 2018.
We continue to be the most significant writer of professional
medical liability insurance in the State of New York. We provide
insurance for physicians, dentists, and hospitals.
We offer a competitive salary for qualified candidates, with the
flexibility to work remotely from home while utilizing our offices
We have offices in New York City, East Meadow, *Syracuse*, and
The Claims Specialist Trainee position will allow the trainee to
gain exposure to multiple functions within the Claims department
and obtain valuable skills and experience.
(*Position is based in Syracuse, NY)*
* Provides support for new case setups, coverage analysis, and
submission of letters to policyholders.
* Responsible for file management, OnBase tasks, and Microsoft
* Assist with diaries and file management for ongoing liability,
causation determination, evaluation of damages, and attorney
* Assist with case resolutions, conferencing, mini claims,
mediation, MSSNY, and trials.
* Processes billing, including adjudication of ResolveStar invoices
and vendor invoices.
* *Limited travel to court proceedings is required.*
* Perform other responsibilities as needed.
*Education and Qualifications: *
* Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Healthcare preferred.
* 0-1 year of related experience.
* Knowledge of Insurance in Paralegal, Nursing, and Healthcare
* Preferred license: Casualty & Property Adjuster. (The Candidate
will have two years to prep for the exam).
* Proficient oral/written communication skills with the ability to
present self in a professional manner.
* Organizational and planning skills are required.
* Strong demonstration of problem-solving, attention to detail, and
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
* 401(k) with Match
* Health, dental AND vision Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending account
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation & Sick time
* Paid Time off
* Generous Holiday Program
Full-time Monday to Friday
*Work Location: Remote/occasionally onsite Syracuse NY area
including in-person trial monitoring.*
Equal Opportunity Employer
MLMIC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or
ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability,
age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Job: *Claims Specialist Trainee - Syracuse area
*Location: * Syracuse
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.16 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Syracuse, NY 13202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* What is your salary requirement? A range is fine.
* What interested you in applying for the Claims role? Are you
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Syracuse, NY 13202%58047475%
Keywords: MLMIC Insurance Company, Syracuse , Claims Specialist Trainee, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!