Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
PHYSICAL THERAPIST -
New Grads Welcome
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Benefits Package
- Professional Growth & Stability
- Innovative Training Programs
Location: Ilion, NY (13 miles East of Utica NY, in the Mohawk
The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then
develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions,
prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health
The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent
disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other
- Evaluate a Resident's condition and develop an appropriate
physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident's pain using exercises, hands-on therapy,
stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages
of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Protects Residents and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team efforts in resident
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State PT License
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus
About the area: Ilion NY is in the Mohawk region and is about 30
minutes outside Utica NY. Utica is a city in the Mohawk Valley and
the county seat of Oneida County, New York. A unique city with
sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available
housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century
Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a
variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities
offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence
and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library,
and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant
between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful
Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the
majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto,
Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a
5-hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of
regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and
entertainment destination - Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA -
are just minutes away.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Syracuse , Physical Therapist, Other , Ilion, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!