Registered Nurse - Inpatient Behavioral Health
Company: St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* Rotating Shift
*Description:* Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem opportunities
Rotating schedule includes a weekend and holiday rotationOur
Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit3-6, is a 30 bed acute care unit
providing an interdisciplinary approach to care for emotionally ill
adult patients on a voluntary or involuntary status. We care for
patients with a wide variety of psychiatric and substance use
disorders. Our unit is devoted to individualized care in a safe and
secure environment ensuring dignity and respect for all those we
serve. Our primary nursing care model develops an individualized
plan of care that includes a full range of individual and group
sessions, psychotherapies, medications, ECT treatments and other
* Recognized Leader:First Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting
our professional nursing staff.
* Advancement: Generous tuition reimbursement and Leadership
* Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and
What you will do:
* Crisis intervention and therapeutic nursing interventions, hands
on skills, patient education, goal setting, critical thinking and
* Care for and provide treatment modalities.
* Collaborative team approach with social work, psychiatrists,
clinical affiliates and unit support staff.
* Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
* Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the
care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of
direct care of patients and families.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current
licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New
* Minimum of one year experience in related field.
* Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
* Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates
and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of
* Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement,
and national certification.
* Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor,
* We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the
spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing
presence within our communities.
* To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding
* In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice
in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence
in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting
the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to
who we say we are.
Work Environment and Hazards:
* Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
* Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently;
occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to
stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
* All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various
regulatory and professional agencies.
* Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical
* *Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse , Registered Nurse - Inpatient Behavioral Health, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!