Registered Nurse - Operating Room Main Campus
Company: St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* *Description:* We are
accepting applications for RN's with experience in operating room
or procedural nursing. Working in the OR is more than just an
occupation; it's your life's work and your greatest masterpiece.
You can work with people who elevate you, contribute to our culture
of caring, advance your practice in a variety of surgical
specialties. Apply now and you may be eligible to receive our
recruitment and retention incentive. We offer varied hours and
Opportunities are available in the following capacities:
Monday - Thursday Night Shift
Monday -Friday Variable ShiftOur Operating Room Suite consists of
16 procedure rooms providing the capacity to perform 50-60 cases
daily. We perform approximately 18,000 surgical procedures
annually. Recently upgraded, we provide an aseptic environment and
state of the art instrumentation. The operating room is available
to schedule inpatient and outpatient for major, minor and emergency
surgical procedures 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adolescent,
adult and geriatric populations. Our specialties include cardiac,
vascular and endovascular surgery, thoracic surgery, genitourinary
and GYN surgery, reconstructive surgery, ENT, neurological
including neuronavigation procedures, general surgery, orthopedic
including major spine procedures, oral reconstructive surgery,
breast surgery and reconstruction with sentinel node mapping,
robotic and bariatrics surgery. Awarded Excellence in Healthcare
Award by CNY Business Journal for "Surgical Facility of the Year",
having the only operating room in CNY with a negative pressure
anteroom for customized safety in complex patient scenarios. In
addition, St. Joseph's Health is one of America's 50 Best Hospitals
for Cardiac Surgery and one of America's 100 Best for Spine
Surgery. Healthgrades has rated us Five-Stars for Total Knee
Replacement, 13 years running, and has awarded us Five-Stars for
Total Hip Replacement in 2019. We're rated as high-performing in
knee and hip-replacement surgeries by U.S. News & World Report. Not
to mention Women's Choice Award naming us a top-22 orthopedics
hospital in the United States.
* Recognized Leader: First Magnet Designated Hospital in Syracuse,
highlighting our professional nursing staff.
* Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open-door guiding
principle gives all our nurses a voice.
* Advancement: Strong orientation program, ACLS, Critical care and
emergency room training and generous tuition allowance.
What you will do:
* Monitor and assist with procedures, deliver care modalities
including care of critically ill patients while in the OR
* Nursing staff supports patient care in all phases including pre
induction, perioperative, intraoperative and post anesthesia.
* Collaborative team approach, coordinate and direct care with
surgeons, clinical affiliates, scrub techs and circulating RNs.
* Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
practice, American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN),
American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and Association of
Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
* Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the
care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of
direct care of patients and families.
* Providing care for surgical patients throughout the
pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative phases of
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
* Greater thanone year of operating room or procedural nursing
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current
licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New
* Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
* Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates
and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of
* Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement,
and national certification.
* Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor,
* We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the
spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing
presence within our communities.
* To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding
* In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice
in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence
in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting
the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to
who we say we are.
Work Environment and Hazards:
* Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse , Registered Nurse - Operating Room Main Campus, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!