Registered Nurse Clinical Educator - Cardiovascular Lab
Company: St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
*Employment Type:* Full time *Shift:* Day Shift *Description:*
The Clinical Educator is responsible for designing, evaluating,
updating and implementing new and current nursing education needs
and orientation. Our educational professionals act as both
advisers, role models and mentors for the staff, assisting them in
their journeys from novice to expert. They exhibit exceptional
leadership qualities, have excellent communication abilities and
have in-depth, comprehensive knowledge in their field of expertise.
In addition, the education team assist with quality improvement,
data collection and supply chain management.
* Recognized Leader: First Magnet Designated Hospital in Syracuse,
highlighting our professional nursing staff.
* Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open-door guiding
principle gives all our nurses a voice.
* Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with staff and
* Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition
* Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and
What you will do:
* Prepare, deliver and supervise clinical education and
* Maintain expertise in the field of nursing
* Assist with ongoing competency and preceptor education.
* Consult to recommend best practice.
* Data collection and reporting to support quality outcomes.
* Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
* Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the
care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of
direct care of patients and families.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current
licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York. Minimum
of four years' experience in nursing. Recent formal and informal
clinical and teaching experience. Master's degree preferred.
Bachelor's Degree accepted with demonstrated clinical
* Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates
and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of
expertise. Commitment to ongoing professional development.
* Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement,
and national certification.
* Career advancement to leadership roles as
* We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the
spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing
presence within our communities.
* To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding
* In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice
in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence
in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting
the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to
who we say we are.
Special Equipment, Skills or Other Requirements:
* Participates in educational conferences and updates and maintains
professional knowledge and skills related to areas of
responsibility. Acquires and maintains skills that are necessary to
support the philosophy of patient centered care. General computer
knowledge preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills is required. BLS is required.
Work Environment and Hazards:
* Clinical and office setting. Exposure Class I.
* Medium work: standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying,
pushing and pulling.
Work Contact Group:
* Clinical staff, clinical affiliates, medical staff, patients,
families and other health care professionals.
Supervised By: Director of Education Services and the Research
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion*
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: St. Joseph's Health, Syracuse , Registered Nurse Clinical Educator - Cardiovascular Lab, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!