CNC Set Up/Machinist
Company: Armstrong Mold Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Armstrong Rapid Manufacturing has been in business for over 51
years in the East Syracuse NY area. Armstrong specializes in both
prototyped and low volume production machined castings. Armstrong
has a benefit package that includes paid holidays, bonus and
referral programs, paid vacation, 401K, 100% company paid life
insurance, supplemental short term disability insurance, dental,
medical, accident, cancer and critical care insurance. Our website
is and it shows many of the exciting aspects of our company! Take a
Summary/Objective : Sets Up CNC milling machines and produces
machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC)
milling machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping
records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Sets up and operates one or more of a variety of CNC
- Troubleshoots CNC issues as they may be related to set-up as
- At specified frequencies, uses a variety of hand inspection
tools such as but not limited to micrometers, calipers, indicators
etc. to compare a part dimensions with the blueprint or process and
records the data on the required paperwork.
- Notifies the supervisor of any operations problems
- Verifies counts against the job traveler paperwork and
completes all required reports and records daily.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic
drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining
parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount
available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders
for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and
sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls;
sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses
personal protective equipment, and practices good
- Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company
policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Applies classroom and on the job post training information,
knowledge, skills, and abilities consistently in a quality oriented
manner (wherein the KSAs are part of the jobs tasks, duties and
other tasks as requested).
- Performs other tasks as directed including deburring parts and
performing other operations during cycle.
Educational, Experience Based, and Skill Qualifications
- Technical, BOCES, or high school graduate with experience in
blueprint reading, using measuring instruments, and manual or CNC
machine center operation or equivalent.
- 3 years experience setting up CNC machines, preferably
horizontal milling machines,
- Ability to read prints, diagrams, and use micrometer, verniers,
calipers, and gauges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication,
Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation,
Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control,
Attention to Detail, Judgment Physical Requirements
Ability to walk, remain on feet for extended time periods, reach,
stoop. Kneel and lift up to an including 35 pounds as needed.
Armstrong is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status, or any other protected status. EOE
Keywords: Armstrong Mold Corporation, Syracuse , CNC Set Up/Machinist, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!