CRA Mortgage Originator
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:Originate mortgage applications within low-to-moderate
income neighborhoods and to low-to-moderate income borrowers.
Participate in Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) related activities
and functions within M&T community bank regions. Must adhere to
the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act.Primary
- Works independently to cultivate new mortgage business.
- Markets, services and promotes the bank's mortgage
- Regularly and customarily travels to and works at prospective
customers' homes, businesses or other locations away from the
- Follows-up on potential customers via travel or telephone.
- Market bank wide proprietary CRA products, e.g., Get Started,
with Retail Bank Network as well as outside organizations such as
real estate firms, housing agencies, etc.
- Market agency related products (FHA, VA, etc.) to
low-to-moderate income borrowers and in low-to-moderate income
neighborhoods.Interviews applicants to collect and analyze
information regarding their income, assets, debts and credit data
as well as their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in
determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtains
and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
- Independently assesses applicant's credit worthiness.
- Has authority to issue pre-qualification statement of
- Determines which products best meet the customer's needs and
financial circumstances and advises potential borrowers regarding
the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products
and the most appropriate mortgage loan programs.
- Makes recommendations to customers regarding other bank
products or to alternative lending vehicles, as needed.Negotiates
terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Has authority to bind the bank in connection therewith.Ensures
lending compliance with all origination procedures including bank
policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Advises management on effective compliance strategies and
potential modifications to corporate operating policies where
appropriate to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Interact with various housing agencies and governmental
entities focused on CRA initiatives.
- Stay informed of industry regulations and governmental
requirements as they relate to CRA housing needs.Meet with
potential customers to ascertain financial needs as they may relate
to CRA guidelines, first time homebuyer guidelines and mortgage
opportunities that lie therein.
- Represents the bank in the community and related functions to
identify, develop and promote additional business.
- May present seminars to general public and real estate agents
to promote additional business and community outreach.
- Regularly visits potential or existing customers at their homes
or place of business to develop new business or retain existing
business.Scope of Responsibilities:Facilitates the bank's need to
meet its CRA responsibilities with the federal regulators and the
citizens of the community bank regions. Relationships will forge
with local housing agencies and groups which specialize in CRA
outreach programs.The incumbent is required to travel extensively
with limited supervision.The position requires extensive external
contacts (potential and existing customers, Realtors, etc.)
primarily on sales calls outside the office, as well as internal
contacts (other Bank personnel).Will interact with individuals and
teams internally and within the assigned community, developing new
relationships and maintaining existing relationships.Responsible
for establishing and maintaining federal registration requirements
outlined in the SAFE Act.Supervisory/ Managerial
Responsibilities:None.Education and Experience Required:High school
education or equivalent required.Two (2) to three (3) years
mortgage origination experience.Education and Experience
Preferred:Associates degree or two (2) years relevant experience
preferred.LocationSyracuse, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Syracuse , CRA Mortgage Originator, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!