Machinist at Schneider Packaging Equipment Company, Inc.
Company: MACNY - Manufacturers Association of Central New Y
Posted on: June 25, 2022
-Schneider Packaging Equipment is hiring machinists to join
their team! -1st Shift, 7:00am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday with
overtime as needed -Hourly Rate: DOEObjectives of this Role
- Perform a variety of basic machining operations utilizing shop
equipment and tooling to support the manufacturing department
- Read blueprints.
- Perform Inspection functions, maintain records, enter data into
computer.Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely use of established machining techniques and best
practices to make parts to Engineering Specifications within the
scheduled time allowed.
- Plan and perform a variety of manual operations on machine shop
equipment such as Saws, Drill Presses, Layout Machine, Hand Tools,
Hand-Held Power Tools, etc.
- Perform work to specified tolerances using technical knowledge
and skills to ensure the accuracy and quality of all finished
- Interpret engineering drawings to establish a clear
understanding of what work is required to successfully make the
- Perform in-process checks to ensure the parts are conforming to
- Use a computer to extract information to clarify the work being
- Conduct routine maintenance and safety inspections on all
- Complete required paperwork and labor reporting.
- Work with other employees and supervisors to provide a flexible
- Perform other related duties as required by management.NoSkills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to perform Machine Shop math.
- Able to interpret blueprints effectively.
- Experience using measuring tools. -Physical/Mental Standards
- Ability to operate computer.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard,
mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular
communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking,
grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Executing up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 pounds of force constantly
to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.Work
- The shop is clean and air conditioned for a comfortable work
environment. - While performing the responsibilities of the job,
these work environment characteristics are representative of the
environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The
noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The passage of employees through the work area is average and
- All employees are responsible for product quality and are
required to understand and follow quality system procedures. - All
employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and
authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any
non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality
- This job description is intended to convey information
essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general
nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job.
But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.At Schneider
Packaging Equipment Company, Inc. ("Schneider"), we believe
innovation starts with the consumer. This approach has propelled
our success in developing real-world solutions that impact people's
daily lives. With 50 years of industry problem-solving in
end-of-line automation, Schneider is a leading manufacturer of case
packing and robotic palletizing solutions. Headquartered in Upstate
New York, we design state-of-the-art machinery for customers in
industries such as: food and beverage, dairy, pharmaceutical,
personal care, plastics, and paper. To date, we have installed, and
continue to support, over 3,500 world-class machines in some of the
biggest manufacturing operations in the world. Driving solutions to
address our customers' specific issues pushes us to constantly
innovate our machines, software, ancillary services and our company
Keywords: MACNY - Manufacturers Association of Central New Y, Syracuse , Machinist at Schneider Packaging Equipment Company, Inc., Other , Brewerton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!