Business Loan Originator
Company: CFCU Community Credit Union
Posted on: June 25, 2022
CFCU Community Credit Union (CFCU) is in search of a
professional Business Loan Originator, reporting directly to the
Vice President of Business Lending. The successful candidate will
be an active member of the Credit Union's sales/service commercial
lending department by providing commercial customers with direct
service relating to the Credit Union's commercial service
portfolio, developing customer relationships, and generating and
maintaining a profitable quality commercial loan portfolio. In
addition, this individual will be actively involved in supporting
and enriching our community through community involvement efforts.
- Works as an active member of the Credit Union's sales/services
lending department as follows:
- Jointly establishes quantitative sales objectives, with
assigned supervisor on an annual basis.
- Solicits new business from present and prospective customers;
maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in
order to take advantage of additional cross-selling
- Provides sales information on a timely basis in order that this
information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date
sales performance reports.
- Monitors individual sales performance versus objectives on a
monthly basis utilizing Credit Union's sales information system;
discusses performance with appropriate supervisor on a frequent
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of
all Credit Union commercial credit products and services, in order
to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these
- Provides direct service to commercial customers with respect to
deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services, if
applicable, approves or rejects loan applications within individual
- Prepares various forms and reports and provides information as
requested from appropriate supervisor or departments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of credit union operating
policies and procedures which impact commercial services. Maintains
working knowledge of Credit Union's compliance
- Maintains working knowledge of loan documentation
- Responsible for early detection, reporting, and monitoring of
problem credit. Responsible for quality of own loan portfolio.
- Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other
Credit Union's business partners, such as Insurance, Wealth
Management etc.; provides help to customers with specific inquiries
of service problems.
- May attend sales and trade meetings as the Credit Union's
representative to develop new business and to gain information and
leads on prospective accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.Desired Skills and Experience:
- Five plus years of loan production in commercial and real
- (1) A two-year college degree or (2) Completion of a
specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3)
Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or
- Experience in analyzing business financial statements and
assessing the viability of businesses.
- Proven sales skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to speak with external
and internal parties.
- Self-directed, with ability to plan activities that adhere to
business lending goals.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Accurate and detail oriented.Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a
basic principle at the Credit Union. CFCU provides equal employment
opportunities, without discrimination because of race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin,
citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status,
political beliefs, victim of domestic violence status, familial
status, or predisposing genetic characteristics or status, or any
other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. This
policy includes, but is not limited to recruitment, hiring,
compensation, training, and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading,
demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all
other terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: CFCU Community Credit Union, Syracuse , Business Loan Originator, Other , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!