Mechanical Systems Engineer
Company: The Raymond Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
These openings are in the department responsible for the design
and commercialization of new products and sub-systems. Assignments
include engineering analysis and design of various basic to complex
vehicle systems, utilizing traditional engineering techniques such
as design, analysis, calculation, and test. Additionally, these
positions will involve investigations of new technologies related
to automated material handling products. Assignments may be
specific to certain models or may span multiple product lines.
Responsible for all aspects of technical program management
including product cost, performance, reliability, warranty, and
cost of operation. A proactive, systems engineering approach to
problem solving is expected.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Works under the supervision of senior engineer or manager to
investigate issues, establish root cause, and make
adaptations/modifications to existing designs. May initiate
- Provides support for new product development teams. Works with
cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or
- Works with external suppliers to develop and test components or
- Works with Test Engineering to develop new components.
Establishes test and functionality requirements either at supplier
or in our test lab, as well as reliability targets and test plans
to validate them.
- Keeps the manager informed of progress, changes, priorities,
and project cost/schedule status.
- May recommend changes in project direction in response to
changing business requirements.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines for most
- Travels to customers and suppliers as required.Preferred
- Knowledge and experience with fabrication and assembly
processes supporting the ability and desire to take a hands-on
- Contributor as part of a multi-disciplinary inter-company
- Proficiency in the use of Pro-Engineer / Creo or a similar 3D
- Familiarity with the Toyota Production System.
- An understanding of GD&T and the basic principles of
DFMA.The successful candidate will possess the ability to, plan,
organize, multi-task and prioritize technical and non-technical
activities. Strong communication skills are also required to be
able to work across a broad spectrum of personnel and customers
(internal and external). Good presentation skills (written and
oral) are required to be able to present technical material to a
Position requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or
a related field. Project management experience (especially with a
new product development process) and automated equipment/automation
systems experience are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Raymond Corporation, Syracuse , Mechanical Systems Engineer, Other , Greene, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!