SBL/SBA Underwriter Officer
Company: Community Bank, N.A.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview: At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we are
dedicated to providing our customers with friendly, personalized,
high-quality financial services and products. Our retail division,
Community Bank, N.A., operates more than 230 customer facilities
across Upstate New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Vermont and
Western Massachusetts. Beyond retail banking, we also offer wealth
management, investment management, insurance and risk management,
and benefit plan administration.Just as our employees are committed
to helping our customers manage their finances, were committed to
our employees. After all, they make it happen for our customers
every day.To ensure our people can enjoy long and successful
careers here at CBSI, we offer competitive compensation, good
benefits, and professional development and advancement
opportunities. As an equal-opportunity workplace and
affirmative-action employer, we celebrate and support a diverse
workplace for the benefit of all: our employees, customers and
communities. Responsibilities: This position serves as a SBA
lending subject matter expert and resource for Commercial, Retail
Bankers, and SBL Underwriters. Ensure the Banks SBA loans meet all
SBA eligibility, regulatory, and underwriting guidelines.
Responsible for compliance to SBA policies and procedures.
Independently evaluate and underwrite Non-SBA Small Business Loan
applications to determine credit worthiness of the applicant with
increasing levels of responsibility and lending authority. Make
sound loan underwriting decisions within the Banks loan policies
and procedures to minimize potential risk potential to Bank.
- Gather and/or verify all necessary loan information to
determine SBA eligibility, package the application and obtain
authorization from SBA.
- Communicate with SBA via eTran or SBA One to obtain a SBA Loan
Authorization for each transaction.
- Work closely with Commercial, Retail and SBL Banking staff in
order to determine loan structure and documentation requirements
are met for SBA eligibility.
- Review and evaluate small business loan applications for credit
- Decision and condition loan applications based on acceptable
risk tolerance in a timely manner within CBNA loan policies and
procedures and within authorized lending limits.
- Ensure proper loan structure for approved loans.
- Make sound loan recommendations to SBL Senior Underwriters or
Manager on loan requests above authorized lending limit.
- Serve as a resource to assist and mentor branch lenders.
- Lead SBA workshop training for Branch and Commercial
- Provide quality and efficient customer service.
- Cooperate with other members of the SBL Department to achieve
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing
compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this
position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies,
procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific
training requirements in a timely fashion.
- Participation in special projects, which arise from time to
time, which can be related to SBA programs (i.e. PPP).
- As an integral member of the Small Business Lending Department,
this position is responsible to provide assistance wherever
necessary to help the Small Business Lending Department and the
Bank in achieving its annual goals. Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field of study (Finance,
Management, Economics, or Accounting) or equivalent.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal
- A working knowledge of current lending and banking regulations,
loan policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and
- Loan structuring skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Baker Hill NextGen platform is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Credit Analyst or Lender
with proven track record.
- Commercial lending experience preferred. Ideal candidate would
have desire to work toward higher levels of responsibility and
lending authority. Other Job Information: Compensation:
Commensurate with experience plus annual bonus. In addition to your
competitive salary, you will be rewarded benefits including: 11
paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance,
401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking
discounts and the list goes on! To apply to this position or to see
a full listing of current openings please go to: Physical
Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk
or sit. Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands or
arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required
to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, and the ability to
focus. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Community Bank, N.A., Syracuse , SBL/SBA Underwriter Officer, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!