INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation,
critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0
software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools,
processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement
and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air
conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are
vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex
fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics,
flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating
applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the
life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment,
laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage
our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic
chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and
environmental health and safety.
The Test Technician is responsible for assembling and
reworking Residual Gas Analyzers (RGA) and vacuum pumping systems
independently, on a Weekend shift.
- Responsible for testing precision electronic instruments and
sensors in accordance with Engineering specifications and
Operational Method Sheets.
- Perform functional testing on products produced using standard
test equipment, vacuum chambers and leak detectors .
- Ensure product conformance and be able to troubleshoot systems
to sub-assembly level using standard test equipment such as
oscilloscope and DVM.
- Record test results and unit histories into various
- Assemble repair/rework units efficiently with minimum
- An Associate degree (AAS) in Mechanical Technology or related
field and 1 year of experience in mechanical and/or electrical
assembly required. Will consider applicants that have a
minimum of 2 years work experience in mechanical and/or electrical
assembly in lieu of a degree.
- Must be organized and keep accurate records.
- Must communicate and collaborate effectively across
- Will be expected to interface effectively with supervision and
work in a team based environment.
- Must be comfortable using PC's and be proficient in Microsoft
- May be required to lift moderately heavy instruments (up to 40
lbs) on a weekly basis. Must have a reasonable level of
- Experience in the use of vacuum gauges, valves and fittings are
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes
diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going
green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and
INFICON’s forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities
to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio
that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a
competitive salary, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus
and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health,
vision, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Associates or better in Mechanical Engineering
- Manual dexterity
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR