Large Loss Property Field Claims Adjuster - Syracuse, NY -
Company: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I
Posted on: October 12, 2021
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job
– we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R24143 Large Loss Property Field Claims Adjuster - Syracuse, NY -
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$66,800Compensation Maximum:$107,000
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in
own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by
contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants,
agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation
unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior
claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage
issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party claims under multiple policies types and
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 1 and 33% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively handle
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements
- Successfully applied knowledge of each phase of the claim
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only).
Additional Job Information:
- This person will handle losses of $50,000+ for Homeowner's
- This will be a work out of home and in the field role.
- Candidate must be advanced with Xactimate.
- Candidate must have experience handling residential property
losses of $50,000 or more.
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families.
Interns and contigent workers are not eligable for American
Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!
Keywords: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I, Syracuse , Large Loss Property Field Claims Adjuster - Syracuse, NY -, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!