Controls Technician - Syracuse, NY
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: East Syracuse
Posted on: July 20, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands
– including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military-friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
In this position you will be installing (commissioning),
troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control
systems. In order to perform your task you will utilize your
knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct
digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and
building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming,
starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,
gathering materials, and synchronizing on-site work.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience
in HVAC/Controls; or equivalent combination of education (Technical
School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with a handheld computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer, etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 40 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
and programs that help our employees thrive in both their
professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning
culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share a
passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly
challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective
of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Syracuse , Controls Technician - Syracuse, NY, Other , East Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!