Principal Engineer, Variability Analysis
Company: Carrier Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID 30035947 City Syracuse State New York Country United
United States of America
CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY,
Technical Expert, Variability Analysis
Carrier is a leading global provider of innovative HVAC,
refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation
technologies. Supported by the iconic Carrier name, its portfolio
includes industry-leading brands such as Carrier, Kidde, Edwards,
LenelS2, and Automated Logic. Carrier's businesses enable modern
life, delivering efficiency, safety, security, comfort,
productivity, and sustainability across a wide range of
residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
Our global Engineering team is advancing to maintain Carrier's
lead position in the market through investments in advanced
research, technologies, and methods that will shape the future of
our products and services. Today, Carrier needs your talent to
build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people
and our planet.
Carrier is seeking a technical expert in Variability Analysis
who will perform research, technology development, and deployment
of products. This role fits into a global initiative around the use
of model-based development (MBD) methods that are intended to
achieve 2X or more acceleration in product development and further
increase our product quality.
As a technical expert in Variability Analysis, you work with
global, cross disciplinary teams to apply model-based design and
verification tools and methods to create the next generation of
products for a full range of equipment and systems for buildings
and transport applications HVAC/R and fire suppression systems.
Concurrently, you will develop new variability analysis
capabilities which can be applicable for HVAC/R products and fire
Key Job Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities for this position will be:
- Develop technology roadmaps for variability analysis, robust
engineering, and design for variability capability and execute
deployment plan for product applications.
- Develop standard tools, libraries & workflows for system MBD in
the variability analysis area, including uncertainty
quantification, variability reduction, design for variability &
probabilistic system, robust engineering, and integration of HPC &
Cloud for system analysis.
- Work with global, cross-disciplinary teams to deploy and apply
robust engineering technologies to create the next generation of
products for Carrier.
- Develop engineering standard work & training material. Educate
and mentor engineers in robust engineering
- Coordinate with core/extended team members and external
partners in the execution of robust engineering technology
- Contribute to the coordination, execution, and deliverable of
selected technology programs and business unit deployment
- Provide communication of program status to leadership
- Lead/Support related next-generation robust engineering tool
and technologies for HVACR products
- Lead team(s) to execute the model-based systems projects.
Lead/Support systems related next-generation variability analysis
tool and technologies for HVACR products
Experience / Qualifications:
- Solid background in robust engineering, probabilistic design
techniques, and numerical analysis
- Extensive experience in variability analysis, variability
reduction, uncertainty quantification, design for variability,
model calibration & parameter estimation.
- Demonstrated skills in variability analysis and system
optimization algorithm development and implementation
- Experience in surrogate modeling and emulator analysis, system
steady-state and dynamic modeling capabilities (Modelica, Simulink,
- Experience in robust design of dynamic systems/controls,
optimization under uncertainty, Stochastic programming, and
variability reduction via optimization
- Experience in software development & programming: OptiSlang,
Matlab, Python, Java, Pyomo, SciKit
- Experience in the simulation of large complex systems,
including integration of HPC & cloud infrastructure (AWS,
- Project management capabilities- Proven deliverable of quality
products (preferably using established tools/methods) to
- Fluent English (both written and spoken), solid technical
writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- MS/PhD in engineering (mechanical or electrical or chemical or
computer) or computer science, or substantially related field with
more than 10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated history of success in multiple positions of
increasing scope and responsibility, with a significant duration of
experience and expertise spanning the full qualifications of this
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy
Keywords: Carrier Corporation, Syracuse , Principal Engineer, Variability Analysis, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!