Associate Director, EHS
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages high-performing Environment Health and Safety team for
the Syracuse site.
- Client groups include: Cell culture commercial production and
all operations support functions such as facility engineering,
materials management, manufacturing technology and Quality lab
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies
as well as internal global/enterprise EHS requirements.
- Includes oversight of environmental and safety permits,
regulation for all safety programs, waste and wastewater
management, industrial hygiene, and biosafety.
- Directs contract resources and external service providers to
support chemical, biological and wastewater management
- Functions as (or delegates) site biosafety officer and chairs
Biological Safety Committee.
- Reviews and approves Biological Assessment of Risk (BAR) for
introduction of new materials and processes.
- Drives safety culture at the site, partnering with operational
teams to ensure all are accountable for safety culture and
performance on the production floor.
- Maintains critical management system for compliance with
regulatory and company requirements, including incident management
(investigations, and resulting action plans) and a sustainable EHS
- Identifies and ensures key EH&S metrics, requirements and
infrastructure are incorporated for sustainable compliance and
safety and that site goals contribute to overall BMS Sustainability
- Ensure goals and objectives are aligned with site and global
EHS partners. Collaborate closely with Occupational Health, and be
responsible for maintaining required OSHA logs and reports.
- Responsible for interfacing and communication with outside
- Represents the site for all applicable inspections and
- Provides EH&S review and oversight of detailed plan
reviews, facility permitting, regulatory strategy, maintenance,
operability and insurance reviews.
- Develops annual operating budget/staffing levels and manages
operation to achieve them. Participates actively in site Senior
Leadership Team to establish site mission, annual goals and desired
- Active participation of site initiatives that may be external
beyond EHS scope.
- Support Tier meeting infrastructure across the site,
representing both EHS and site leaders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studied
resulting in a B.S. in science, engineering, a related discipline
or its equivalent. A master's degree in a relevant discipline is
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in an EH&S role or
equivalent, including several years managing a team, documented by
a solid history of technical accomplishments and a proven track
record in manufacturing, preferably in commercial biologics
- Professional license or certification in appropriate discipline
- A practical understanding of the technologies related to
bioprocess manufacturing and their respective health, safety and
environmental impact and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable biological safety principles.
Experience in biological waste water treatment methodology, systems
- Proven ability working in a matrix environment and leading
multi-level I cross functional teams to achieve the highest
performance in meeting site and departmental objectives.
- Experience in developing and monitoring employee safety
- Experience working with governmental regulatory officials to
obtain permits and manage site inspections.
- Knowledge and use of current state computer programs used to
support documentation and administration of EH&S programs.
- Ability to influence and drive sustainable safety culture.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on
the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with
disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process,
reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their
roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process
direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit
careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal
Employment Opportunity statement.
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Syracuse , Associate Director, EHS, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!