Senior Data Engineer - Semiconductor
Company: Cree Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior Data Engineer - Semiconductor
This position will lead the Data & Analytics design for Cree |
Wolfspeed's venture into pure-play Semiconductor. This position is
accountable for the alignment of reporting strategies and
objectives within overall Cree | Wolfspeed IT and business
objectives. This position will lead the development,
implementation, and support of business intelligence strategies and
projects with the goal of fully utilizing systems capabilities in
achievement of business objectives. This position requires the
ability to work with IT and Business leaders to define and manage
requirements, schedules, and delivery for new services within the
Sales and Marketing analytics. The Senior Data Engineer will be
responsible for the day to day activities related to implementation
of new services and support for existing services.
As a key member of the Cree | Wolfspeed IT Information
Management team, this candidate will be responsible for enabling
and supporting the business analytics and reporting needs, by
leveraging and implementing various business intelligence tools.
Heavy emphasis will be placed on developing self-service dashboard
capabilities and delivering business value through the design and
implementation of business intelligence solutions, leveraging data
that spans multiple data sources. Serving as a consultant to the
business, this candidate will perform a liaison role between
technical and business users responsible for systems analysis,
design and functional and technical documentation. Also contributes
actively to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities
required to support business growth and provide a competitive
advantage for Cree | Wolfspeed.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide a high-visibility role as part of transformational
projects and programs
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Opportunities for continued growth as a member of a
thought-leading IT organization
- Encourage you to think innovatively in a dynamic
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Serve as a subject matter expert for semiconductor
manufacturing, yield management, quality, and operational analytics
and assist end users with the creation of visualizations that
provide business insights for our stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and
implementation of business intelligence solutions for Cree |
Wolfspeed business partners, including development, administration,
monitoring, performance tuning, debugging, and operationalization.
Technology areas include Tableau, Power BI, SAS JMP, Tibco
Spotfire, Informatica, Oracle SQL, DAC.
- Partner with business stakeholders to create "blueprints" for
services that align with overall objectives.
- Manage projects & priorities to budget and schedule as
- Ensure alignment of priorities through direct management and
setting criteria for success.
- Resolve capacity issues when conflicts arise.
- Implement vision/policies for Development Standards, Production
Control, and Testing/Review procedures
- Work with Business & IT leaders to create/manage plans &
activities needed to delivery new/changed services
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones,
phases, and elements
- Manage resources to plans for delivering new/changes to
services and capabilities
- Provide support while managing to SLAs for services owned
- Participate in the development lifecycle using waterfall and
- Translate simple to complex user requirements into functional
and actionable analytics, including data modeling (conceptual,
logical, physical inc. relational, snowflake, and star
- Support testing and deployment as part of the full release
What you need for success?
In addition to whether a person has the knowledge and experience
required to be successful in the job, one must have specific
behaviors to perform the job successfully. The competencies listed
below are representative of the behaviors required.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Quality of Work
- Clear Communication
- Contributing to Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Creative Problem Solving
- Experience with Semiconductor or High-Tech Manufacturing a
- 7+ years of overall IT experience and a record of success
supporting a fast-paced business organization, providing technical
expertise while applying best.
- 7+ years of progressive IT experience in information management
and business-related processes, with at least 3 years in a customer
facing project delivery role.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases, Tableau, Power
BI and other data visualization tools.
- Expertise in SQL, can independently mine data to translate
business data needs into creative visualizations.
- Experience delivering business intelligence solutions to
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent written and verbal
- Ability to work with business customer to understand and define
requirements for small projects and enhancements.
- Experience supporting data & processing needs of highly skilled
customers, such as R&D, Quality Testing, Data Scientists
- Experience with modern data warehousing/data lake technologies,
such as Snowflake, MS Azure, AWS
- Experience working as a member of an Agile Scrum team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Cree Inc., Syracuse , Senior Data Engineer - Semiconductor, Other , Marcy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!