Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North
America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a
fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next
level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources
to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Our construction equipment group is seeking a full-time rental
coordinator for our Syracuse, NY location. Rental coordinators will
identify customer needs, coordinate deliveries, and perform
inventory control for our rental department. The primary
responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited
- Arrange equipment transfers and logistics
- Manage fleet availability, utilization and returns
- Coordinate with our Service Dept. repair and maintenance of
- Manage customer relationships
- Close rental deals from inbound inquiries and outbound
- Manage vendor relationships
- Provide customers with expert advice on equipment
- Handle all company DMV paperwork
- Generate rental customer invoices
- Track and update report for all rental inventories
- Support outside sales force
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at the designated start time
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years of previous related
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Knowledge of construction equipment, their application and
- Good computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate; Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Occasionally will stand, walk,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
Regularly will sit, use hands, talk/hear.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 10
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3
P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the
best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment
Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a
difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether
it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and
servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling
product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we
can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are
committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their
maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place USA", our 2100+
employees in the Midwest (MI, IN, IL), East Coast (NY, VT, CT, ME,
MA, NH, VA) and the South (FL) are committed to excellence. It's
the Alta way.
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and
begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are
a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task
and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that,
a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a
consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence.
Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for
the position with a continual focus on investing in one's
profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view
other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected