Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to
industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories
and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries,
delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and
Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply
chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered
consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our
customers to power ahead safely.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing testing
and evaluation on a electrical and renewable energy products to the
provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety
standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients. Under
the guidance of a more senior Engineer, may also conduct on and
off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and
standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on
EUT as needed.
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off
- Develop, set up, and follow established test plans.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing.
Compile data and product description and type final
report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer
for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales
personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and
recommend engineering judgments.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Renewable Engineering.
- 0 years directly related experience. Electrical engineering
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other
international product safety standards preferred
- Microsoft Office expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a
fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments
independently within established parameters.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate (up to 50%)
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.