Underwriting Administrative Supervisor
Company: Arch Capital Group Ltd.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Manage the day to day operation of the underwriting
administrative team. Provide effective leadership to ensure that
service goals are consistently achieved. Strategically partner and
provide daily support to the Underwriting department. This position
will reside in Cortland, NY.
- Monitor and maintain service that includes Application Input,
Loss Run Release, MVR Review, Premium Audit and Premium Finance
- Ensure that Administrative team meets and exceeds service
initiatives while upholding quality standards.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong
relationships with external customers including agencies/brokers
- Direct endorsement unit and ensure that processing guidelines
are met and service goals are achieved.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Administrative
- Contribute to team efforts and assist with providing support in
all areas when needed.
- Regularly maintain and update written procedures with regards
to support functions.
- Identify and implement possible efficiencies and improvements
to processing and practices when needed
- Ensure that the skills and knowledge of all underwriting
administrative associates are continuously enhanced through the
implementation of an effective training and development
- Maintain effective relationships with all internal departments
including Marketing, Risk Management, Claims and IT.
- Assist Underwriting Manager in development and implementation
of departmental strategic planning initiatives.
- Compile information and produce reports as required by
- Develop and coordinate new hire underwriting orientation
program and assist with training of new associates.
- Conduct semi-annual and annual evaluations/performance reviews
for underwriting associates and suggest corrective action, if
- Other duties as assigned
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Some travel, as deemed appropriate
- Prior supervisory/management experience preferred
- Associated classes or courses and/or industry license or
- Excellent knowledge of computers in a window-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay attention to
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact
effectively with peers, superiors and subordinates
- Good time-management and organizational skills are
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
High School graduate or GED required. Associate's Degree or
Bachelor's Degree preferred
McNeil & Co. is a nationwide leader in specialized insurance
programs, drawing on deep industry expertise to develop and deliver
policies and risk management services that meet the unique needs of
clients. McNeil & Co. offers the best possible specialized
coverage, along with a full array of risk management services, to
help customers maximize preparedness and grow their businesses.
Established in 1989 to answer a need for more comprehensive,
tailored policies in the emergency services market, McNeil & Co.
has developed and expanded a model for specialty insurance programs
based on genuine industry knowledge and a consultative approach to
loss control and risk management. Acclaimed products include
AdvenSure, AnimalKeepers, ASIP, Car Wash, ESIP (and Benefits),
FireWatch, HOMed (O&P Plus), WildPRO and the Bar, Tavern, Club
McNeil & Company is based in Cortland, NY with offices in
Denver, CO, Orland Park, IL and Latham, NY. McNeil & Co. is owned
by Arch Capital Group Ltd., a Bermuda-based company that provides
insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis
through its wholly owned subsidiaries. For more information, visit:
Keywords: Arch Capital Group Ltd., Syracuse , Underwriting Administrative Supervisor, Other , Cortland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!