Senior Care Manager
Company: Salvation Army USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone's
life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and
recognizes their employee's success, we encourage you to apply
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
- Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, up to
3 personal days, vacation time, and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after
1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive Health Care Coverage with low cost employee
premiums, co-pays, and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans, including Short
Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition program
- Eligibility for the Federal Government's Public Student Loan
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:The senior care manager provides
outreach and enrollment services to children presumed to meet
eligibility requirements of New York State's Children's Health Home
program. They work with children, families and service providers to
create a comprehensive Plan of Health Care and coordination of
Health Services. Oversee the activities of agency Care Managers to
assure the provision of high-quality, family-driven and youth
guided service that is in accordance with the policies and
regulations of the agency, the Health Home, and the NYS Department
of Health. Support Care Managers in their efforts to help families
and children advance the health care status of youth eligible for
Health Home service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Document all case activity, including outreach, consent
development and assessment, plan development, client progress and
- Responsible for stall & active caseload of approximately 10-15
- Oversee intake, evaluation and clinical assessments of
- Initiate referrals for Care Management Program to ensure
caseloads are at capacity.
- Review documentation by direct reports, confirm regulatory
adequacy and timeliness.
- Provide guidance to direct reports focusing on outreach,
enrollment, development of Plans of Care, and conduct of continuing
care management activity.
- Ensure all direct reports complete and maintain mandatory
- Evaluate, provide performance improvement and mentor the impact
of care managers' activity on the health care status of clients,
utilizing QI data and observation.
- Responsible for actively pursuing referrals for the
- Administer CANS-NY, updating periodically.
- Develop a comprehensive, family-driven youth-guided Plan of
- Inventory and coordinate existing services relevant to the Plan
of Care, identifying and securing additional services as
- Convene and conduct quarterly meetings to review progress,
update POCs, and confirm continuing client eligibility.
- Provide education to family and child concerning the nature and
desired effect of services, along with information concerning
conditions being treated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES, continued:
- Assist families and children in the acquisition and maintenance
of public benefits e.g., financial, educational, social, and
- Provide Health Home services for children with mixed acuity
needs, including at least two services per month, with at least one
of those conducted face to face.
- Assure responsible transition of client service into and out of
Health Home care, between child and adult health homes, and between
inpatient and community care as appropriate.
- Participate in mandatory and optional training programs.
- Responsible for conducting supervision meetings with all direct
- Marketing of the Children's Health Home programs out in the
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.List any
special skills, licenses, certificates, or registrations that are
required to perform the essential duties of this job Bachelor's
Degree with three years of experience; Master's Degree with one -
two years of experience preferred. Relevant experience in serving
children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities,
behavioral health, primary health care, or social services
Experience coordinating and participating in team settings Solid
writing and verbal communication Work effectively and knowledgeably
across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities
Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when
self-directed and beyond immediate oversight Ability to deliver
family-driven, youth-guided services Requires computer proficiency
including word processing skills and the ability to provide
culturally competent practice Must have valid driver's license that
meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements Must have access to
a vehicle to provide home visits and outreach services Provide
assistance and /or intervention with children Perform all duties
associated with job responsibilities
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Syracuse , Senior Care Manager, Other , Elmira, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!