Fork Lift Operator 2nd Shift
Company: Seneca Foods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Fork Lift Operator 2nd Shift
Category: Seneca Foods
Date: May 27, 2021
Geneva, NY, US, 14456
Custom Field 1: 533
Seneca Foods is one of North America's leading providers of
packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout
the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced
from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of
of the retail private label, food service, and export canned
vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are
also sold under the brands of Libby's, Aunt Nellie's, READ, Seneca
Farms, Green Valley, CherryMan, Paradise, Pennant, and Seneca
labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides
vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of electric or
gas powered forklifts to and from various departments.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, or Job Duties
- Unload, load, transfer, and stack brite or finished goods and
supplies from trucks, etc.
- Interprets shipping order or receiving report to determine item
to be (un)loaded.
- Ability to stack and unstack pallets of products in rows, and
up to 5 high
- Checks product for quality, and proper shipping
- Daily inspection of vehicle before operating, corrects any low
- Track, input, change, and update data of inventory.
- Complies with proper weight distribution on rail cars and
- Monitors and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Maintains general houskeeping.
- All other duties assigned.
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Ability to pass the Seneca Forklift certification test.
- Basic knowledge of Forklifts.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Requires good judgement and decision making skills.
- 1 - 3 months of previous forklift experience helpful, but not
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal
opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative
action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated
against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or
veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected
classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable
accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of
otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities
unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the
operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an
employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation
under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us
at ADA@senecafoods.com or call 315-926-8100.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester
Keywords: Seneca Foods, Syracuse , Fork Lift Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Geneva, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!