Aviation Systems Engineering Lean Leader
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Lead lean efforts across Aviation Systems Engineering. Champion
a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization and
achieve measurable and sustained improvement in targeted areas.
Establish a multi-year lean roadmap for Engineering and develop a
network throughout the organization to implement it. Roadmap will
cover both developing lean competencies and culture in the
organization and a strategic approach for implementing
transactional lean within Engineering.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement throughout the
- Establish a multi-year lean roadmap for Engineering. Develop a
network of influencers throughout the organization to implement
- Ensure the training and people development are in place to
develop the competencies within the organization required to
progress on the lean journey.
- Develop a strategic approach for effectively implementing
transactional lean within Engineering. Identify key processes and
opportunities to eliminate waste and improve lead time. Prioritize
- Directly facilitate key value stream mapping (VSM) or other
lean events across the organization.
- Work with the Supply Chain and P&L teams to identify and go
after opportunities for cross-functional lean and process
- Support the overall Aviation Systems Hoshin Kanri process and
ensure alignment of Engineering breakthrough initiatives to the
Hoshin Kanri projects and metrics.
- Hold the Engineering leadership team accountable to the
inverted pyramid, leader standard work, and participation in kaizen
activities. Work with leaders at different levels in the
organization to ensure appropriate focus within the breakthrough
vs. continuous improvement vs. daily management continuum.
- Stay closely aligned with the business Kaizen Promotion Office
(KPO), the Aviation Systems Business Lean Leader, the Supply Chain
lean team, and the various business and engineering lean focals in
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Engineering
- Engineering Degree
- Understanding of Lean, DMAIC and Change Acceleration
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability as a clear thinker
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and delivering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Position may be located at any Aviation Systems site
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Syracuse , Aviation Systems Engineering Lean Leader, Other , Norwich, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!