Licensed Practical Nurse - Family Medicine Center
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time
If you are looking for dynamic learning opportunities with
complex medical treatments and continual advancements all while
receiving exceptional pay, then we invite you to join our team of
LPN clinical staff. Our outpatient programs provide patient
centered care in family medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics and behavioral
health. Training includes an orientation period allowing you to
become familiar with each departments work flows. We incorporate a
primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs
of the patient population.
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a licensed health care
provider who provides nursing care under the direction of an RN,
physician, or other authorized health care provider. There is no
independent component to the LPN role.
The Nurse Practice Act defines the practice of a LPN as
"performing tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case
finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of
supportive and restorative care under the direction of a registered
nurse or licensed physician, dentist, or other licensed health care
provider legally authorized under this title and in accordance with
the commissioner's regulations."
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse,
highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding
principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with the
interdisciplinary care team.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program and generous tuition
- Work/Life: Flexible self-scheduling options to balance your
work/life and school calendars.
- Clinical Ladder to recognize advancement with medication
What you will do:
- Therapeutic nursing interventions under the supervision and
direction of the RN for daily care, tube feeds, dressing changes
- Medication administration upon completion of medication
- Documentation using the EPIC system.
- Collaborative team approach: with interdisciplinary team of
registered nurses, medical social work, care managers, nutrition,
Rehab services, spiritual care and pharmacy.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in
accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards
of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and
- Utilizing the Nursing Process is involved in the provision of
direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with completion of medication
- Career advancement to preceptor and Registered Nurse.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in
the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming
healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and
outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing
Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good,
Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in
expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being
faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and
- Graduation from an accredited school for Licensed Practical
Nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the
State of New York.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and
updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific
areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently;
occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to
stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various
regulatory and professional agencies.
- Registered Nurse, Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit
Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Syracuse , Licensed Practical Nurse - Family Medicine Center, Other , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!