Job ID 30027618 City Syracuse State New York Country United
United States of America
CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY,
Built on Willis Carrier's invention of modern air conditioning
in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning and
refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of
proven innovation with new products and services that improve
global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to
build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people
and our planet.
Our global Engineering team is evolving to maintain Carrier's
lead position in the market through investments in advanced
research, technologies and methods that will shape the future of
our products and services. As part of this transformation, we are
hiring and empowering data driven, results-oriented engineers to
help us innovate and pursue sustainable solutions for our
Carrier is seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer responsible for
research, development, and integration of advanced power
electronics circuits and electrical architecture for HVAC
Residential and light commercial applications.
- Develop and validate power electronics for HVAC
- Develop and verify digital and analog power electronics control
- Create test procedures to verify hardware designs.
- Lead PCB (gate driver, control board, etc.) design and test
through the whole product development cycle
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control
algorithms, digital filters and the general control of power
- Ensure products satisfy UL and IEC requirements.
- Create simulation models for control design using
MATLAB/Simulink and/or PSIM.
- Implement real-time control algorithms for product deployment
using code generation.
- Write software (embedded C-code) to support real-time
interfacing of control algorithms.
- Verification and testing of power electronics hardware and
software subsystems in a lab environment and a hardware-in-the-loop
- Evaluate and debug circuit design. Perform root cause analysis
of failures and identify potential solutions.
Experience / Qualifications:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with motor control algorithms
- Experience with advance topologies and design of power
electronics circuits using Wide Band Gap devices
- Experience with hybrid AC/DC distribution systems, energy
storage, grid connected inverters.
- Strong hands on hardware and software development with
- Understanding of microcontrollers or DSPs as applied to power
- Proactive and results-driven; thrives in a fast paced and
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation communication
- Ability to work with integrity to achieve results as part of
multidisciplinary teams in a global environment
The ideal candidate will be a at least a B.S. degree in
electrical engineering or equivalent with minimum 10 years of
working experience, or M.S. degree in electrical engineering or
equivalent with minimum 7 years of working experience, or PhD.
degree in electrical engineering or equivalent with minimum 4 years
of working experience
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy