Speech Language Pathologist for Preschool
Company: Healthpro Heritage
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Speech and Language Pathologist for Preschool
Join our Preschool Team and use your passion for Speech and
Language Therapy to help make a difference in a child's life!
- Speech Language Pathologist for Preschool Services available to
- Serve children aged 3 to 5 yrs in the home or preschool
- Tompkins County, NY
- Part-Time with the opportunity to build case load with more
- Opportunity to work with children in the early intervention
program, ages 0-3, as well
- Virtual and/or in-person services
We value our Speech and Language Pathologists and their
dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's
HealthPRO Pediatrics is a national leading provider of highly
skilled Speech and Language Pathologists and educators. We hire
Speech and Language Pathologists who share our vision, work
diligently, and provide best practices in Speech Therapy that will
change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate,
talented SLP that wants to help children across the country, then
maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the Preschool Speech Language Pathology
position is diagnostic assessment and therapeutic treatment of
pediatric students in a preschool or home setting. The goal is to
help students who demonstrate speech and language deficits reach
their maximum performance potential within an educational model of
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Caroline Jacumin - Pediatric Division
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered
to be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive
as all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our
need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers,
patients, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who
occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties
assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are
specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made
to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is
performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification,
for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to
perform the job in the manner indicated.
- Provides speech therapy services to patients and initiates
referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to
determine need for interventions/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment
planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as
- Obtains appropriate physician's orders/documentation for
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients,
families, and other team members.
- Develops treatment plan by identifying a target list, including
short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified
- Coordinates, implements, and conducts treatment and plans with
patients, family, and other team members.
- Provides treatments designed to enhance oral range of motion,
as well as laryngeal and swallowing capabilities to guide patients
towards maximum restoration of swallowing function.
- Provides instruction and therapeutic techniques for
expressive/receptive language and articulation skills.
- Assesses the need and makes recommendations for assistive
devices, technology, augmentation and/or communication devices and
follows up as needed.
- Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies
treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with plan and
- Develops appropriate home or programming within the community
to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their
- Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and
cognitively compromised patients.
- Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal
injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious
diseases, and odors.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with
working with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or
less) support and directions.
- Basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness
to utilize computers on a daily basis.
- Documents all results of patient's assessment, treatment,
follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the
- Assess the need for and make recommendations for assistive
devices, technology and augmentation and/or communication devices
and following up as needed.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness
and efficiency, using pre-determined criteria.
- Adheres to Speech Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of services.
- Provides in-service education to the members of the patient's
care team and education to the community.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, company standards, department procedures and standards
according to company guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning implementation and follow up of patient therapy
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve
maximum performance standards according to company guidelines.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance as
- Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding
rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that
all employment actions are in compliance with applicable
- Adheres to all documentation requirements of Rehabilitation
department, facility, and company.
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information,
using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive
feedback and advice from others.
- Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism,
courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries
and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and
- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions,
certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards and patient rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with
others in attending to and meeting their requests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and as required to
effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are
in the best interests of the company.
Experience/Experience Required Master's Degree in Speech and
Language Therapy. Hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence in
Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Must hold a current
license in the state of practice or be eligible for licensure
through completion of the Clinical Fellowship Year Assumes
responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional
Recruiter : Email Address
Keywords: Healthpro Heritage, Syracuse , Speech Language Pathologist for Preschool, Other , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!