Receiving Material Handler
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Receiving Material Handlers Needed for Our Orgill, Inc. Rome
Orgill, Inc. is seeking Receiving Material Handlers to join our
team at our NEW distribution center in Rome, NY. Orgill,
Inc., founded in 1847, is the largest and fastest-growing
independently owned distributor of hardware and home improvement
products in the United States and more than 60 countries throughout
the world. Orgill, Inc. is recognized as an industry leader for its
development of innovative retail programs and services that are
designed to fulfill a simple mission: Help Our Customers Be
Successful! We exist to serve our customers and continue to provide
an outstanding customer experience!
What You Will Do:
Primarily responsible for the support of the DC by efficiently
scanning, receiving, and staging inbound merchandise accurately and
in a timely manner. The Department Material Handler also sorts the
merchandise by department, restacks, and wraps the pallets to
ensure that product is ready to be transported to the appropriate
- Must be able to unload merchandise by forklift, pallet jack or
by hand. Stage inbound merchandise in scanning area. Verify pallet
count and sign freight bill of lading.
- Must be able to operate a hand held scanner.
- Must be able to identify and sort the merchandise by
- Must be able to identify the merchandise and place correct
receiving label on product.
- Must be able to restack and wrap product to prepare merchandise
to be transported and stocked in appropriate location.
- Communicates any overages, shortages and/or damages to
- Deliver scanned merchandise to appropriate staging areas
throughout the warehouse.
- Must be able to meet quality and productivity standards.
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
- Excellent attendance and reliable predictability a must
- Adheres to DC housekeeping guidelines
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.*
- indicates nonessential
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma preferred
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing
to comply with all safety policies and practices.
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when needed
- Good comprehension, organizational, and math skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact effectively with other departments and all
levels of management
- Ability to maintain records accurately and demonstrate problem
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to meet
- Must be a team player with a can do attitude
- Power Equipment certification a plus
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have the ability to meet physical assessment requirements
for this position
What We Offer:
Orgill, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that offers
valuable benefit options at reasonable costs and provides
affordable coverage to our employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical & Prescription
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Cancer Coverage
- Vacation Benefits
- 9 Paid Holidays
We're looking for positive, energetic and dedicated workers to
join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment,
Orgill may be right for you!
Keywords: Orgill, Syracuse , Receiving Material Handler, Other , Rome, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!