Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Upstate Cerebral Palsy, we provide innovative programs and
services that support people and create opportunities to fulfill
life choices...one person at a time, through everyday miracles. We
are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and versatile
staff to support a variety of individuals who experience
The Speech Therapist is responsible to evaluate and assess
program participants, educate individuals and team members,
complete required documentation, communicate with other health care
professionals on the program participants' IPP/IEP, assist with
departmental maintenance and supplies, participate in Agency
activities, assist in orientation to the department and assist with
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate and assess program participants on an ongoing basis
and plan and implement appropriate treatment and goals based upon
- Educate individuals and/or team members about findings of the
evaluation, established treatment plans, methods of treatment, and
if possible the individual's prognosis.
- Educate team members about ongoing services and any areas
within the scope of speech-language therapy.
- Complete all required documentation according to program
- Communicates with other health care professionals relating to
all aspects of the Individual Program Plan (IPP) / Individual
Education Plan (IEP).
- Assists with departmental maintenance and supplies.
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that
may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Assist in orienting students, volunteers, and new therapists
within the program.
- Provides assessment, fabrication, modification, and repair of
adaptive equipment, as needed.
- Bachelors Degree required in Speech Therapy plus NYS
Certification of Hearing and Speech.
- Up to 1 year experience.
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word,
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's License
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Syracuse , Speech Language Pathologist, Other , Rome, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!