Work-Fit, an employer of Athletic Trainers and long-time
supporter of the Athletic Training profession, is seeking full-time
Athletic Trainers for a program to support the United States
Military throughout the U.S. Initial assignments are to be based in
Louisiana, North Carolina, New York, Texas, and Washington.
The Primary focus of this Military Program is to optimize
individual and unit physical readiness and ability to perform
warrior tasks and battle drills. Athletic Trainers will be imbedded
within Performance Teams and services may be provided in the
following locations: fitness centers/gyms, administrative areas,
outdoors, ranges, field training environments, etc. Services
include providing forward musculoskeletal care, early medical
intervention, Injury Prevention (IP) and performance optimization
Positions are contingent, upon contract and position award.
- Provide musculoskeletal care, early medical intervention,
injury prevention and performance optimization services.
- Screen target population for conditions related to readiness
- Apply, evaluate and modify prophylactic and protective
equipment and techniques to minimize the risk of injury or
- Provide emergency first aid and immediate treatment for
- Prepare physical profile to document functional
- Participate in a peer review of Athletic Trainer
- Assist with the proper execution of special conditioning
- Participate in meetings with the assigned clinical supervisor
and or oversight physician to review and evaluate the injury
control services provided to Soldiers.
- Provide services within the AT's scope of practice as defined
by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) and Board of
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a college or university
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training
- A passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) for the
Athletic Trainer examination and hold credentials of Athletic
Trainer, Certified (ATC)
- An unrestricted state license/registration/certification in any
of the 49 regulated states; the District of Colombia; or the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands to
provide health care within the scope of practice for Athletic
Trainers per state practice acts.
- Two (2) years relevant AT work experience within last 5
- National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Have a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the
American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Have U.S. Citizenship (copy of birth certificate or
naturalization papers required). ATs performing under this contract
must be U.S. citizens.
Must be physically able to hike uneven terrain in an austere
environment while carrying a backpack with necessary supplies on
occasion (<20% of the time). Be physically able to lift and
manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds.
Background/Security Clearance Requirements:
Individuals in this position will be subject to
government-sponsored background checks and are subject to a
government security investigation.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Work-Fit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran
status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.