Class A Drivers
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Stop your job search!
Now hiring for immediate openings for Class A drivers, and want
you to join our team in Canastota, NY
Call Kristopher at (904) 932-0430
text"Canastota" to (904) 647-2977
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
About the position:
- Compensation: Averaging $1,500 plus weekly ($80K plus
- Quality Home Time including Weekends
- Companion Program
- Sign On Bonus: $8,000
- No Touch Freight
- Trailer type: Dry Van
- Full Time: Comprehensive benefit package - Health, Dental,
Prescription and Vision insurance as well as 401k and stock
"I like working at Ryder because of the programs that are in
place to help me succeed as a safe driver . The ongoing safety
classes, fleet maintenance programs and up to date DOT compliance
of equipment and staff make it easier for me to continue my driving
career at Ryder"- Ryder Driver with 20 years of service.
Your job is essential to keep our economy afloat and your safety
through this pandemic is our top priority. We have implemented
stringent cleaning processes and will provide personal protective
equipment to keep you safe as you keep America moving!
- Bluetooth hands-free devices permitted
- Great employee discounts on tools, cell phones, appliances,
electronics, and cars
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you
up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide.
If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship - we trust you to make decisions to
keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver
- Travel companion policy - need to bring a family member on the
road with you? They're our family too and because we know pets are
family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on
safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer,
management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust.
Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America's Best Employers by Forbes four years in a
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder -Retire with Ryder
- DOT Safety Regulated Position, Regulated Driver Class A
- Safety Sensitive Position
- Regulated Driver:
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
Must have class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or
- 12 months' experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years' experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to:
- Follow written and/or oral instructions
Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies
- Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws,
regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading
of freight if required by customer
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder System, Syracuse , Class A Drivers, Other , Canastota, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!