Mental Health Professional I
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 12, 2021
COMPETITIVE HIRING BONUSES OFFERED !
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Promote the individual's recovery by coordinating, developing
and implementing in partnership with the individual, the treatment
plan process, ensuring follow-through of goals and objectives.
- Promote involvement of family or significant others (of the
consumer's choice) in the recovery process.
- Provide individual and group counseling.
- Provide off-site and crisis intervention services.
- Oversee and maintain the timely complete of all necessary
records and reports.
- Act as a liaison with the CDT Psychiatrist in medical model
- Participate in Agency activities that may include meetings,
trainings and committees.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive
communication between supervisors and employees. and assimilates
new employees to the Agency's culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency
regulations and operating standards.
- Associates Degree with valid current CASAC certification or
Bachelors Degree in mental health or related field.
- Initial TB test required prior to first day of employment
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Internet Explorer, Outlook,
Adobe Acrobat, Access, Word, Excel)
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or
unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services
and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history
record check under OMH (Office of Mental Health).
- Travel is required. Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances are warranted.
- Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids,
tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from
spills or splashes of these substances. May have exposure to
unpredictable individuals and situations when working at
- OSHA Exposure Category I
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require
work during evenings, weekends.
- Ability to quickly address any emergent issues without losing
focus on task at hand.
- The employee must have full sight and hearing with fluency in
the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer,
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Syracuse , Mental Health Professional I, Other , Rome, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!