Sr QV Inspector
Company: Pepco Energy Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one
of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail
customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of
companies that strives for the highest standards of power
generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team
of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to
design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also
dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through
competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION Provide leadership and technical
expertise to personnel planning and conducting
assessments/inspections for functional areas. Participate in audit
and assessment activities and be accountable to train in subject
areas in which they are appropriately certified. Plan, coordinate,
monitor and perform on-line and outage Quality Verification (QV)
inspections to comply with Company and regulatory requirements and
commitments. This position works independently and may also be
assigned duties as an Employee Concerns Site Representative.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts assessment activities of corporate and site
organizations to assure program adequacy and implementation
effectiveness including development of required plans, execution of
required assessment templates, and providing input into final
written reports and periodic exits. Provides direction and support
for other assessment team members to ensure effective communication
of all deficiencies encountered during the oversight conducted.
Coach and mentor as needed.
- Determine manpower requirements for future projects & review
with project managers the QV support requirements, costs, and
workload for a given project/modification. Attend project and team
meetings as necessary for purpose of planning, support and
- Interface and collaborate with site and corporate departments
to identify and ensure resolution of QV issues. Conduct field
walk-downs to ensure inspections can be conducted in a safe and
- Develop, maintain, revise, and review inspection procedures to
facilitate and enhance inspection practices and maintain compliance
with codes, standards, regulatory requirements and commitments
Performs special assignments as directed. May also perform duties
in support of the fleet Quality Independent Inspection
qualification and certification program.
- Develop QV inspection techniques for improving efficiency,
reducing dose, cost and support conflicts. Maintain industry
knowledge (OPEX) with regards to QV issues. Track and maintain QV
qualifications current. Maintain certification proficiency through
continued satisfactory performance of inspections. Develop and
present initial and continuing training as requested.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor QV inspections to comply with
Company and regulatory requirements. Review work packages to ensure
compliance with inspection requirements. Supervise, plan, and
coordinate daily and outage maintenance/modification QV activities
including the development of schedules for shift coverage, manpower
requirements, overtime, and managing the inspection function in a
safe and cost effective manner. Coordinate the identification of
contract inspectors required for outages, special projects, and
high work load times, interface with preferred contractors for
procurement of inspectors, coordinate in processing/training of
contract inspectors for outage and non-outage work and provide
contractor oversight in accordance with site and corporate
requirements and expectations.
- During outages, through contractors, work assignments or actual
performance: execute the planned inspections required by the
related work planning and scheduling efforts done above
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct Performance Assessment activities
- Provide direction, training, and oversight to contracted and
site inspection personnel.
- Interface with all levels of station management and corporate
management as necessary in an effort to improve inspection
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and perform daily and outage QV
- Perform additional duties as assigned by NOS management.
- Multiple Level II QC Certifications in accordance with NQA-1
(1994) and the ability to become certified in one or more
disciplines as a Level III
- At lease two years exempt experience in Assessor/Planner role
- Associate degree in a related discipline plus four years
related experience in equivalent inspection, test or examination
- Four-year college degree plus two years of related experience
in equivalent inspection, test or examination activities.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Senior Station
Management and clearly communicate issues
- 10 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant
- 4-year technical degree
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training
and development programs
- Previous work experience in Maintenance, Work Control, or
Supply Management is Preferred
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Pepco Energy Services, Syracuse , Sr QV Inspector, Other , Oswego, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!