Assistant Store Manager (Full-time) Clarkson University 8366
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other -
uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our
stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology,
and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a
college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs.
An Assistant Store Manager should be a resource for all
departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and
a skillful problem solver.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will support all store
operations and departments in partnership with the Store Manager or
General Manager. You may be involved in purchasing for one or more
departments, directing operational functions, and/or with
scheduling and team development. At all times you will be expected
to deliver outstanding customer service to the academic and
co-curricular community while helping the store to meet or exceed
sales goals, identify business opportunities, and motivate our
team. With people management you may have direct involvement with
training, directing, and counseling our team to help create
excitement around our products, programs, and initiatives. Driving
our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore
loyalty, and deliver measurable results will be a daily
expectation. And best of all, you'll be part of a company that is
consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees
love what they do.
- Develop a working knowledge of all departments in the store to
provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and
- Assign and direct work activities for booksellers or other
management team members to ensure delivery of services, sales, and
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers,
answer questions, and assist with purchases of merchandise or
services when necessary.
- Manage customer and/or employee issues appropriately, timely,
and with respect.
- Assist with hiring and training new employees for the sales
floor or other departments.
- Maintain an appealing sales floor-- shelf, arrange, clean, and
organize product or space within the store.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- 3+ years' experience in a retail setting.
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred or a graduate of the
Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Syracuse , Assistant Store Manager (Full-time) Clarkson University 8366, Other , Potsdam, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!